Does it feel good to be love bombed?

by asilentone 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• oompa
    oompa

ditto idrnomo......you just stand there....and grin....and try not to laugh.....knowing it is soooo much bullshit......We should take them up on everything.....call them..invite yourself over and all.........oompa

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

oh and the one that happens to me is if i see someone out and about and they say "oh i've been meaning to call you" or "i was gonna call you to see if you wanted to do something" at that point i promptly remind them of my schedule(which is known to be wide open to anyone that knows me in the least) and phone #, that usually gets them to leave.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

This is a great thread. I must point out however, that how love bombing feels, is dependant on how the respondant see the world.

If someone has a deficit, or a need, it, will of course, feel really good, to those who are having their needs met.

In my case, I was in BC and the Christians wanted me. They knew I had a theological upbringing, and came from a biblical background.

I was given food, money and shelter and yet, they could not surpass my knowledge to effect my heart. Call it cult conditioning, if you will.

This group of what I would call, wonderful people, loved me. I could feel it, and yet, I couldn't relate to it.

They kept me alive from Manitoba to BC. and yet I would give them no allegience.

When in B.C., they all laid there hands on me. They did it in Ottawa too. I just don't know what they were trying to acheive. They have chased me all across Canada. Great people, but I just don't get it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I fell for it initially. As a ex musician artsy sort of goth outcast, I wasn't accustomed to so much "positive" attention. I thought they were for real

• KingArthur
    KingArthur

I'd rather go out and get bombed!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

We were love bombed at the local KH---I had warned the kids ahead of time that it would happen, so we could chuckle about it after, but it was so intense, it was a little on the scary side (knowing that they were trying to lure us into the dark side...). It was definitely something that would be hard to resist, if you didn't know any better..."What wonderful people! How warm and friendly!!"

Ty, I am glad that you met up with some loving and caring Christians in your journeys...I am guessing that they were praying for you when they laid hands on you. Maybe to help free you from what was causing so much pain?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit