Why do DOGS grow old and die?

by TooBad TooSad 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

The average life span of a dog is 8 to 15 years. Why do dogs grow old and die?

We are taught that man grows old and dies because of the orginal sin of Adam.

What sin did the original dog do? Did God make dogs to grow old and die to

remind mankind of what death is? In Paradise will dogs grow old and die?

We will feel sad if our beloved pet dies in Paradise? I guess I need to study my

Bible more.

TooBad TooSad

• jgnat
    jgnat

The original dog did nothing wrong. My dog did nothing wrong. Except be her sweet, doggy self. She had a great run.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/164426/1.ashx

I've read some great science fiction books on the horrible implications of an indefinite life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacer_(Asimov)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I've read some great science fiction books on the horrible implications of an indefinite life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacer_(Asimov )

LOL. Another Asimov fan?

Long life led to Spacer decadence. Settlers inherited the Galaxy.

BTS

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I think the thing is that god didn't make animals to live forever originally. Even before Adam and Eve sinned, the animals were meant to be food and so they would have to be able to be killed and or die. So nothing would have changed after they sinned with the animals. At least that's what I think. I've never heard anything that said the animals would live forever? As far as what it's supposed to be like in paradise, I remember it being said by an elder at the bible study that animals will still die, but we won't mourn for their death like we do now...not sure why? I wonder if god is planning to take away all human emotion in paradise? Not that I believe in paradise anyway, and even if I did, I wouldn't be there - too much like the devil

• TopHat
    TopHat

hmmmm a good question to ponder. If there is going be a new earth as the Bible mentions, concerning our perfection there, perhaps God will extend our loving pets lives if we make a sincere request in prayer. God will be the Life giver in all situations. All he wants of us is our worship and acknowledgment that HE IS OUR Father. THAT IS ALL HE WANTS TODAY, TOMORROW AND YESTERDAY. NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Cockatoos can live over 80 years. Does that mean the original sin of the first cockatoo was less serious than the sins of other animals?

My cockatoo sins every day. He shreds my couches and pillows, chews molding, and has ruined a nice lamp, but I just don't have it in me to get upset with him.

W

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Dogs die for the same reason that humans die. They were not designed to live forever.

They live long enough to ensure the survival of their species, and then they die.

If you look at virtually all species on this planet, they typically live long enough to produce enough off spring to ensure that their species goes on. If they didnt do this, they would go extinct, as have many millions of species throughout Earth's history.

If you look at the particularly long lived species of animals on this planet, they either produce great numbers of off spring that have very little chance of individually surviving, like sea turtles, or they reproduce very infrequently and devote an incredible amount of energy to each individual off spring, like whales.

But in the end they all die. They live long enough to do their best to make sure their species doesnt die out, and then they die themselves. That is the nature of life on this planet for all lifeforms.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Calico,

I didn't know Adam "sinned with the animals."

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

White Dove -

No, perhaps he didn't, but I think I heard that Eve wanted to see him do something with the animals. I think she was into that kinky stuff.

What I meant to say (I didn't phrase that properly) is that nothing would change with the animals, ie. meaning that they would still die even after Adam and Eve had sinned.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Even before Adam and Eve sinned, the animals were meant to be food

My basset hound is meant to be FOOD??? No wonder Valis calls him Catfish Bait . . .

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit