WT is trying to scare off memorial partakers

by cookiemaster 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I don't know how many of you still participate in the Sunday WT Study, but I unfortunately still do. Even though I was asleep half of the time, I did notice something I thought I should share with the rest, in case you haven't noticed. A lot of the paragraphs were worded strongly against partaking and used clear language of intimidation and discouragement toward anyone thinking of partaking. They kept repeating just how serious of an offense against God it is to partake if you're not one of the 144.000 and how God will punish those that do. I guess the constantly growing number of partakers is starting to seriously bother them. I don't remember older articles so determined to discourage partakers.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

They are discouraging partakers instead of dropping the idea that it was a number mentioned in Revelation that they just had to run with. Once again the WTBTS is putting their interests first. How in the hell can they know what's in a person's heart?

Maybe God, if she exists, is joyful over the interest these folks have in heaven.

Enough of this 'you've made Jehovah sad' or Jehovah will punish you. Utter nonsense.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    can you provide us the article?
  • steve2
    steve2
    The reasoning in the article is shonky because surely those who are partaking are doing so because of a personal conviction that they believe they ARE of the anointed.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The Watchtower is afraid that these noveaux anointed will inspire others into partaking until there's a snowball effect with every nutjob and his sister partaking. Pretty soon children will be wanting to much on those crackers.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Every other number etc is SYMBOLIC according to the WT, but the 144000 is supposed to be LITERAL?!

Idiots.....

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

It totally felt like that was the vibe being given off at the WT today.

This is first proper push to discourage people from partaking that i can remember....I wonder what they are going to do when the number goes up for yet another year??

• What is Truth?
    What is Truth?

Yeah I noticed that too Cookiemonster, and they spent a little extra time on how great there hop in heaven is and then just one a short paragraph for the rest under "scriptural hope" at the end. So boring.

Some good practice on multitasking though, running mike while day dreaming and watching the sheeple's response to the study.

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    Opusdei1972 - It can be found in the Watchtower magazine that has it, on the JW.org website. Here's a link to that magazine: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150115/

Sorry but I don't know a more direct way of providing it. :)
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    What is the penalty for partaking if you're not eligible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit