Milk and Meat are poisoning people and destroying our health!

by Witness 007 71 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

pork tenderloin

• New light for you
    New light for you

CHEESECAKE!!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I eat meat only occasionaly for the reasons eyeslice specified as well as clearcutting the forests for raising cattle.

You eat American beef, don't you? We don't need to clearcut forests here. We have plenty of grassland. There is no clearcutting for beef production in USA. Besides, there is reforestation going on in the US, every year there is more forest coverage. Other data bears this out, there have been increases in deer and bear populations, for example.

BTS

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Here in the Northeast, we have 3x the forest we had 100 years ago.

In 1900, Vermont was about 25% forested and the rest was open land for sheep. Today Vermont is about 85% forested.

S4

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's lots of land in Alberta that is unsuitable for grain farming. It's too hilly or scrubby or rocky. But it's fine for cattle. In many ways, cattle production is kinder to the land and soil than breaking up the turf for food croops.

http://www.eidnet.org/local/grassland/grazing.htm

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I think any article that talks about what food is good for you or not is not to be believed. The people that give those reports are always changing their minds. I remember hearing that milk isn't good for you awhile back, then they changed it and said that everyone should have at least one glass of milk a day. Just like water - 8 glasses a day - apparently not anymore. A recent report I heard (can't remember exactly where, on the tele I think) said that it's no longer necessary to drink that much water a day. As far as meat is concerned, I'm going to continue to eat meat whenever I want to because I notice a difference when I don't eat red meat - like I'm missing out on essential nutrients. ("I want something's flesh")

I wouldn't suggest anyone eat at McDonalds every day (although I used to at times, for all three meals!) but I think a hamburger or a steak every now and again is good for you. Although I am most partial to fish and chicken.

I do think that all foods play some sort of part in a persons diet. I don't think it's necessary to cut out goodies like oreo's completely, or to only eat fruit and veg. Someone else already said this, but I agree, you can have anything in moderation!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    The human long digestive system is not designed to handle meat since carnivores have short intestines....Gorrilla's 93 % our genes and simular digestion system, do not eat meat and are 20 times stronger then a man!

This is not correct...It is true that carnivores have short intestines, but that does not mean humans are vegetarians. We do not have the extremely long intestines of true vegetarians, such as cows, giraffs, horses. Our intestines are sort of "in between", making us omnivores. We can digest both food and vegetables. The great apes share more than 93% of our genes, it`s more like 98%, and most of them eat meat when they can get hold of it.

Milk does have plenty of calcium, and there`s lots of protein in both milk and meat (depends on what kind of meat, of course).

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Didn't read the whole thread, but foods that are high in saturated fat - meat, eggs, and dairy do contribute to high blood cholesterol levels, thus arterioscleorisis and heart disease.

High Blood Cholesterol. One of the major risk factors for heart disease is high blood cholesterol. Cholesterol, a fat-like substance carried in your blood, is found in all of your body's cells. Your liver produces all of the cholesterol your body needs to form cell membranes and to make certain hormones. Extra cholesterol enters your body when you eat foods that come from animals (meats, eggs, and dairy products).

Although we often blame the cholesterol found in foods that we eat for raising blood cholesterol, the main culprit is the saturated fat in food. (Be sure to read nutrition labels carefully, because even though a food does not contain cholesterol it may still have large amounts of saturated fat.) Foods rich in saturated fat include butter fat in milk products, fat from red meat, and tropical oils such as coconut oil.

Too much low-density lipoprotein (LDL or "bad cholesterol") in the blood causes plaque to form on artery walls, which starts a disease process called atherosclerosis. When plaque builds up in the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart, you are at greater risk of having a heart attack.

Taken from an article quoting the Texas Heart institute...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

lamb is wonderful and lambs graze on land often unsuitable for other purposes - vegetarianism sucks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit