Has Golden Calf ever been found?

by cameo-d 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Evidently
    Evidently

Yeah, we're twins......wow, I didn't know I had a twin........let me introduce myself, I am Mr Mustaffa!!!!! Since we're kin, can I have some money???

And so that this is not a total thread hijack, we need somebody to roam the deserts with a Radio Shack metal detector until they find that calf, or not....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

If I'm asked a question 3 times I have to answer. The questions is: where is the mystical golden calf

• gymbob
    gymbob

I say.....if it ever was made, it could probably be held in one hand.....if it was ever made at all and it's not some jewish fable.

Also, if it was made, they certainly didn't grind it up and drink it!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    ok what's the point of this? all we have is scripture, and that's what it said.

The point is that I am curious because I haven't seen much discussion on it. And it seems improbable the way that scripture tells it. Something's missing here.

Maybe u can research it and come back and explain it all to us that are interested

That sounds like a journey! I thought Jehovah's Witnesses had all the answers! And that ex-JWs had all the right answers!

gymbob...I say.....if it ever was made, it could probably be held in one hand.....

I was wondering about that. That seems reasonable. But you know Hollywood. I think it was portrayed in some movie to be about 20 feet. And here is the kind of stuff we find in the bible story books.

That would have to be a damn lot of gold jewelry melted down, don't you think? How many earrings does it take to make a 20 foot statue? Has watchtower ever published a picture of golden calf in any of the mags that you know of?

gymbob... Also, if it was made, they certainly didn't grind it up and drink it!

I have seen pictures of people who have drank collidial silver and they turned blue. Permanently. I wonder what the dangers and health hazards would be if they did actually drink gold dust. Or if there might be some curative advantage?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Moses invented Goldschläger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldschlager

Seriously though, it's just made up, like most of the bible. That's why it doesn't make a lot of sense.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wait a minute, are you saying that this bible story might be total FICTION?

• sir82
    sir82
    Was it even real?

Odds that it actually existed are about the same as the odds that a a group of 2-3 million people wandering about in the desert for 40 years left not a trace that they had ever been there.

Or the odds that that the entire earth was covered by water 4400 years ago.

Or the odds that everyone on the planet spoke the same language until about 4200 years ago.

Or the odds that the Assyrian empire was able to muster up, train, feed, and arm an army of 185,000 men, let alone that all 185,000 died in one night.

Or the odds that an bronze age Ethopian army numbered 1 million men.

Or the odds...well you get the picture.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Ok just a thought here, it might not be entirely accurate.

Burning and crushing the calf - Maybe this calf was only gold plated, the base of it would have been wood or clay and both materials can be burnt and crushed, spread on water and drunk.

The ark of the covernant was gold plated so who's to say this wasn't. Also we're talking about run away slaves here. Slaves aren't exactly well known for having loads of jewelry so I'm figuring that there wasn't enough gold to make a whole idol, just enough to plate it.

As to how they would get a heat source hot enough to heat up gold to melt it, thats not a real problem. Building a primitave furnace isn't hard, all you need is a suppy of wood and enclosed space and bellows to supply oxygen. You lay your wood down (plenty of dried dead wood in the desert) place a crucible containing your jewelry onto of the wood and then cover everything with rocks leaving a hole to allow you to ignite the wood and blow hot air into the makeshift furnace. You then cover the rocks in soil or sand to keep the heat in and bellow away.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Lets build one and leave it on the lawn at Bethel.....they would want the gold.....so we could use it as a Trojan horse full of Apostates waiting till we were inside the main offices to ATTACK!! Imagine the suprise when Apostates start crawling out the butt!

• sir82
    sir82
    (plenty of dried dead wood in the desert)

Err?

What deserts have you been wandering in? I'm far from an expert, but isn't wood generally found where trees grow?

Have you ever visited, or at least seen photos, of the desert where this group with the population of Miami was wandering? How many trees did you see?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit