Do JW's reveal all their doctrines to those they study the Bible with?

by BonaFide 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Yes, the fairly new Bible Teach book contains some info in the appendix, but do Witnesses include that in the study?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I used to actually brag about disfellowshiping to bible studies and co-workers. You know the drill "we are so much better than other religions because we actually remove the bad apples" "It's for their own good so they know they did wrong". I used to explain away apostates (internet sites) by saying they are just bitter people who couldn't live up to our high standards.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The "ugly" realities are not stressed in the beginning. Only when the mind control is in full effect are the ugly things discussed, and even then they are not dealt with in a realistic manner, in my opinion.

When speaking of the disfellowshipping process, many would frame the debate as follows, when talking to studies: "Well, sure people who are unrepentant and willfully turn their backs on Jehovah are put out of the congregation. Don't worry about that, because you love Jehovah. It's not something you should worry about."

It should be stated like this, even before they are under the mind control: "You are joining a club with many rules. The rules can be changed at any moment. If for ANY reason you decide not to follow the rules, or should you discover that the rules are, in fact, WRONG, it doesn't matter. You must follow the rules. If you don't follow the ever-changing rules, we will kick you out, and take away any and all friendships you have within the club."

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

All i can say is that i knew all these issues before i got baptised. I would have thought many know about Judicial Commitees, etc.

Paul

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm getting the impression that Bonafide is young and well, bored. Not the ex pioneer, CO, elder etc etc etc

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please allow me to be even clearer. JWs do not tell their Bible studies the following: "If you should discover that we are lying to you, that's too bad. You have to force yourself to believe those lies, and continue living a lie, otherwise, we'll kick you out and cut you off from all of your 'real' friends and family."

• blondie
    blondie

I think that by the time they get to the 100 plus questions with the 3 elders, they have to have some clue as to the basics. I know of people who got baptized although not agreeing with them, putting on a front. One case was a woman who did not accept the blood doctrine and planned on having one secretly if it was ever necessary.

Many jws have no idea what they believe or adapt it to their personal opinion. One example is that Jesus is only the mediator for the anointed, or the ones that still have no idea that the 1914 generation is no more.

Do jws conceal certain doctrines to a later time, yes. One they put off is blood transfusions, saying that the person has to learn other things first before they can understand. Makes one remember that the jailer and his family had only one day before they were baptized, and Cornelius and his family and friends just part of a day and were baptized.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses I know play a word game. Asking about doctrine would not be the right question to ask a Watch Tower Witness if I wanted to know about "policy". Doctrine, beliefs, policy, rights, and behaviors are all different things.

Studies should absolutely ask about policies of the type contained in the Pay Attention Elder book and the letters of policy written to the Board Of Elders that have the weight of law on the baptized Witness people.

Studies should absolutely ask about "rights". Rights they give up when they become baptized Witnesses like the right to call their own witnesses in a trial, to have representation in a judicial hearing, and the right to present facts to the Witness people who will be shunning you when the elders try, convict, and punish you without fair hearing and process.

You might get away with disagreeing with the Witnesses about doctrine such as soul sleep, or even question the blood fraction medical treatment belief, but you probably won't get away with violating the policy of not following the dress code, talking openly to another Witness about any doubts about the writings of the governing body, not voting, or not working in the defense industry.

Witnesses conduct inquisitions on very personal topics such as sexual behaviors and personal entertainments and friends. Baptism dispenses with the right to decent personal privacy.

• choosing life
    choosing life

They absolutely conceal their doctrines until someone is well along in their studies. How many of us would have gone to the door and talked to just anyone about the blood issue or that jws are the only true religion? No, we lured people in with a paradise earth and never having to die. We saved the real truth until later.

They also hide their history. If I would have known the "true" history of the jws, I would have not gotten involved.

Then they reserve the right to change the rules anytime and any baptized person must go along with the new rules, even if they make no sense to them.

They are very deceitful and destructive.

• wobble
    wobble

The "Bible Teach"- travesty-sorry book,presents the blood issue as "abstain from blood" only,without presenting the muddled Fractions policy. Just another example of dishonesty.

Love

wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit