The WTS lawyers ended the Book Study Arrangement

by lawrence 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• geevee
    geevee

Thanks for the continued input. I haven't been paying much attention for a while... new CO arrangement? Whats that all about?

Also, I think that experience with this lot tells us that they never change any arrangement unless they have some other agenda. They aren't concerned about saving the Br and Sis money. If that were the case they would have dropped witnessing in rural territories years ago.

I think that there would have to be a hidden agenda. Maybe it is to do with the molestation cases, but it will be something that reduces the liability of the gb at some point for something. There is always a reason and it is usually to save them money, not the r&f. IMO

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

...might as well add a new wrinkle to this thread. No proof - just pulling something out of thin air.

I've seen in the past - when I used to go to meetings - those who are pretty 'keen' on how things work. Let's call them shysters - for lack of a better term.

They notice where money comes from. People. They notice that people are willing to give 'contributions' to the local kingdom hall - freely (well... maybe not so much nowadays).

Okay. On to my point. They realize that if they volunteer to open up their home - and have a meeting there... and perhaps put out a box labeled 'contributions' - that people will put money into it. It's a private home - no need to pass the money on to the higher-ups at the local KH level.

On second thought. Never mind. Typing this out - I see how ridiculous it sounds. Coundn't happen.

Although... an early memory from my childhood years - I seem to recall seeing a box labeled contributions - sitting in a home that we used for meetings. But that was long ago.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit