My father just beat my brother-

by ashitaka 108 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Ashi,
    I have not posted again because my intention was from the start just to give you some things to think about and I knew others would too,then the I planed to trust your judgement.I still feel this way.

I have had full confidence from the start that you love your family and you will do what you feel is best after analyzing everything.
    Theres no guarantees just do what you feel is best.
    No matter what my opinion of you will not be hurt.

Ranchette

• Andee
    Andee

Ashi,

I think that everyone here has posted from the heart. The subject of child abuse is something that will get most of us riled up because so many have experienced it first hand, like you. When some of us have posted advice to you, it is through the glasses of our own personal experiences.

It is your option to, perhaps, apply those advisements. With Laree so fresh on everyone's mind, we know how completely out of control these type of situations can get. However, you do know your own personal situation best. We all just want tragedy to be avoided. I, myself, don't want you to think I am critical of what course of action you have taken so far. I know you think that what you are doing, for the time being, is in the best interests of your brother.

You certainly got all sorts of input here. I'm glad you are keeping us updated on your family situation. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care,
    Andee

• termite 35
    termite 35

So, so, sorry if you thought i sounded judgemental. I guess all who have been through this panic a little and everything rushes out ... i protected my mother until the day she died, and it sounds like you are too; they know we're doing our best...and all the while they're trying to protect us.I hope it all works out for all of youxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Ash,

I hope you do not consider me a "detractor". I didn't mean to imply your brother has a "I deserved it" view, obviously not if he has called for help.

I have read your posts and commented in my *first* reply that you're going about it the right way.

My second post replying to what Naeblis said was merely general observation regarding many abuse cases.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Regards,
    Julie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Julie,

NHF-No hard feelings. It wasn't directed at you, just a general consensus that was making me feel guilty.....{smile}

ashi

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

My father just aologized to me, my wife, and my brother, for the abuse.

It was uncomfortable and strange.

He has never done this before.

Your thoughts?

• Andee
    Andee

Ashi,

You know your father far better than anyone here.

What are your thoughts?

Andee

• blondie
    blondie

Time will tell. Many abusers sincerely apologize. But they lack the power to stop on their own.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Ashi,

Was this the first time that he's been seen abusing his children by other than immediate family......your wife?

That might be a Really Good Reason to apologize and get in everybody's Good Graces again.

Don't suspend your thinking and logic because of an apology. He's an abuser who won't get help, and it doesn't seem like the rest of your family is getting help either.

Take care.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit