When You Were In, Did You Regard Apostates As Losers?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Even now, I think "demonstrating" is less effective than using other means.Screaming like a fool, carrying placards, and holding huge signs,to me, makes the "apostates" look bad.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought they looked angry and full of Satan's words when I saw them picketing.

That was a useless strategy they used.

Because I didn't understand them, I did wonder why they said the WT lies to people.

I was prohibited from finding out, though.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Before IT, how else would one advertize cheaply that the WT was a liar?

Maybe that was appropriate for that time and that place.

If it happened after IT became widespread, then they were a bit behind the times for picketing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When your a DubKid,your afraid of Apostates..Mom said: "They eat children!"..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• free2beme
    free2beme

Ones who actively protested conventions ... YES

Others ... NO

• Dagney
    Dagney

Sadly I did. I have since apologized on here for feeling that way, acknowledging the courage it takes to protest in a hostile environment.

I understand how important it is for some to make a personal statement to counter years of another outward display. I don't know how effective it is in calling attention to the important issues, but I understand.

• fern
    fern

The first time I remember seeing "Apostates" was at a DC in South Bend, Indiana. The were driving by the parking lot as the assembly let out shouting with megaphones and anti JW signs on their vehicles. My mom told me to not even look at them. I was terrified! I thought they were demon spawn or something, and pretty sure they were going to open fire on us any second. I feel sorry for my young self now. How sad to be shaped by fear. And my mother wonders why I never had LOVE for Jehovah! Probably because I was too busy being terrified by the teachings.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

loser of the biggest sort. I understand them (us) alot better now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit