Does Anybody Here Pray To God Anymore?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Ever?????

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I am praying for the safe delivery of my neighbour's baby.

I often pray for my son's recovery from drug addiction, and continued mental health.

I offer to send "positive vibes" to any of my internet friends, regardless of what they believe. This seems to be a respectful way of being thoughtful without condescension.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and P.S. I prayed specifically for Dansk that through his illness his family would be restored to him. I think that largely came true.

• undercover
    undercover

Nope...

If there is a god, then I have to agree with this quote:

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Funny thing is, I used to pray every day and night for 36 years and felt 'this' close to God. When I stopped a year ago, NOTHING changed - there was "where you going girl? Please come back, I love you". My cat showed me more consideration than that!

I now believe I had an imaginary friend. When I prayed and things seemed to occur in accord with those prayers, I now realise it was just coincidence and probability. If God actually cared personally he would see to it that it was blatantly obvious.

Thinking that one's prayers for others' health come true begs the question what about all the other poor souls who people pray for, why do they still get sick and die - seems like a lottery to me and doesn't ring true that God is involved at all - if he is, he sure would be showing favourtism and that offends my sense of justice.

Just my 2 cents.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

I communicate (pray?) with some kind of a superior being. Don't know what I would call it.

• minimus
    minimus

I do when I feel the desire. I think deep down inside that I'm wasting by breath.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear sweet pea...

"If God actually cared personally he would see to it that it was blatantly obvious. "...

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16...

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy, has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you. 1 peter 1:3-4

love michelle

• Nulite
    Nulite

I began praying again recently. God is still a part of my life, while religion is not.

NL

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've lost the desire or need to pray. Who do I pray to? After being lied to all those years I've lost all concept of a god or a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit