Does Anybody Here Pray To God Anymore?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Outlaw, I'm the same way....

No..And..I refuse to bow my head,when a JW prays at an event or dinner..I always see them,checking to see if I`m bowing my head..LOL!!..Lots of JW`s in my family,it`s hard to get away from them!..........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• lnunya
    lnunya

I never quit praying. And when those prayers stopped being about me and simply a seeking the face of God out of a pure heart (something else I had prayed for), that's when it all turned around and He answered my prayers beyond anything I could have imagined. He really is there. Motives are what counts.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm not so sure that motive matters for much, lunya. One doesn't need MUCH faith to move a mountain. A tiny grain will do. It has more to do with God's intended mountain-moving that day.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Absolutely. Through Christ.

Peace to you!

SA, a slave of Christ

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

if God wanted to forgive the world he could've just said "I forgive you", bit like he asks us to do.

Actually, he did. As Michelle wrote, He sent His Son as His representative. That One repeatedly said, "I forgive you," "Your sins are forgiven," etc., and said that we are to do the same, just as he did. He left a pattern for us.

sending his son to die for me is a grand gesture but I think most people would rather have parents that communicated to them every day rather than allow one of their children to die and leave it at that to prove their love.

God did not stop there: He speaks... communicates with us... through that Son. Even today. Truly.

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

ALWAYS & EVERY DAY

• shamus100
    shamus100

No.

God hates me, and I hate him.

Well, no - not really. I don't believe in god. If he's answering your prayers, tell him I said hello!

• mind my own
    mind my own

No.

MMO

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that is so possessive toward me that He can't bear seeing me with a member of the opposite sex (so He can continue abusing me while I grow old and die celibate because He is too busy methodically busting up every opportunity), why should I give Him any reward whatsoever?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit