The most interesting movie I've seen in ages...

by sweetstuff 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• yknot
    yknot

Lol I love the reference to Star Trek........

Cute movie......but I hated the ending....with William, he could have had a bit more emotion.

• yknot
    yknot

Here we go....scroll down and click the first one under 'alternative links' to view feature.

http://www.tv-links.cc/movie/the-man-from-earth.htm

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

No I haven't seen this one; I'll check it out. My pm is not working, Sweetstuff, so in response to your query about "the second most interesting movie you've seen...", I'll just say that while I agree it was nice to have Bo and Luke back as the star Dukes, I don't think it is fair to say that Coy and Vance were not "real Dukes". Much of the common fan criticism was that Coy and Vance were nothing but direct clones of Bo and Luke, something that creator Gy Waldron himself has said was wrong; the new Dukes (the previously unmentioned nephews of Uncle Jesse, who were said to have left the farm in 1976, before the show had started) were in fact 100% Duke and 100% sons of Hazzard County.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    LMAO no sex or blowing things up JD.

You must have pretty low standards for an interesting movie!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ynot: Lol I love the reference to Star Trek........
    <br><br>Cute movie......but I hated the ending....with William, he could have had a bit more emotion.
    <br><br>Yeah I loved that part too, but in reference to the William part, I thought it was brilliantly acted because if you had lived 14,000 years and went thru the pain and loss of that many lifetimes, I would think it would only be "human" be become somewhat numb. I thought that was a very poetic ending to the movie. That humans weren't meant to withstand the loneliness and loss of that many lifetimes. But maybe that's what I got from it.

I also wondered if the chick at the end of the movie was like him, did you notice the looks she had while he talked, she never really questioned him like the others at all and then it looked like she left with him. Hmm, I thought that was interesting.

• yknot
    yknot
    also wondered if the chick at the end of the movie was like him, did you notice the looks she had while he talked, she never really questioned him like the others at all and then it looked like she left with him. Hmm, I thought that was interesting.

Me too! Especially when she asked if that was the first time he had been around for a death of his child!

Makes you wonder though if he had chosen that particular college because William was there.

Too bad it was Bixby's last work.......

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ynot: Me too! Especially when she asked if that was the first time he had been around for a death of his child!

Makes you wonder though if he had chosen that particular college because William was there.

Too bad it was Bixby's last work.......

Agreed, I caught that right away as well. And I thought the same about the college. Yup, too bad it was his last work. I absolutely loved the total destruction of everyone in the room's long held beliefs of reality and how one afternoon of conversation completely altered their perspectives, even though, most left believing it was a hoax.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit