shock breakthrough with my wife

by stillajwexelder 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot
    I can distinctly remember when it was announced that the book study was the most important meeting in the congregation.

It was.....when the money was pouring in like rain!

Now that the cash cow is drying up the most important is the service and TMS! This way you here how much $$$ is short this month for local needs and to guilt everyone to donating to the worldwide work since the monthly donation will only be $10 unless some of you pony up!

TMS...people are leaving out the back door, gotta get new ones in to make up for losses. Also to explain why people are so dismissive, persecution and rejection .....ahh the end times.....

• KingArthur
    KingArthur

I have a JW friend who has been on the fringe for years but still attends just the book study. He tried to commit suicide a while back and suffered Abandonment by his loving and caring congregation after he ended up in the psyche ward.Here's hoping, maybe this move will take hip out!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Good for you and your wife stilla!

Maybe the "real" light wil get brighter!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi stilla, I am very happy for you and for all the jws.

Here in jw fundieland we went a step further (as with everything else). We had lengthy discussions at our book study about what to do when the Tribulation came.

We set up telephone chains--everyone would have only one person to call for important notices--this way if one of the homes was raided or an unbelieving mate got a hold of the phone list, only one would be found--yet everyone would hear the same message. We used snow cancellations as practice drills. Also we reviewed hiding areas in the host home to know where to put literature. As a kid I was told never to tell my unbelieving parent these things b/c Satan could use him to get info to the haters.

We were often told the kh would be closed during the Tribulation and we would not be able to travel far without being caught by the Nazis, so walking to our book studies or hiding out at our nearby dubbies' homes was our safety net.

We were instructed to drive to every book study member's house to memorize where it is and NOT write down their address or name.

Taking this away makes it seem like Armageddon won't happen soon, the Tribulation won't be that scary, and they don't need meetings to be a good person--3 of the most powerful things that keep people in the cult.

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

Rebel8 sez: We set up telephone chains--everyone would have only one person to call for important notices--this way if one of the homes was raided or an unbelieving mate got a hold of the phone list, only one would be found--yet everyone would hear the same message. We used snow cancellations as practice drills. Also we reviewed hiding areas in the host home to know where to put literature.

Yes Rebel8, I remember! In the late 60s, early 70s they told me to memorize where everyone in my book study lived. That I was to go to the book study house, etc.

And we buried large tins of Watchtowers and other lit in our back yard. LOL, we've sold the house- wonder what the new owners will think when they start rototilling! ;)

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

Ha, ha. Is it not a wonder that many of us grew up scared?!? I used to wonder who would take care of my cat when the great tribulation came! Sorry to hijack the thread....

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Wow.

There's a lot I would like to put into words in a short space.

But I'll shorten this to two things:

a) Good for you. You've been much, much, much stronger than what I ever could have been. I can't even begin to imagine what this has been like for you. There is a light at the end of this tunnel. Which leads me to b...

b) This is very cool. And I hope that over the coming months, years she sees more. Perhaps one day, hopefully soon, she really just gets it, and is able to walk out with you.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and she has not gone on the ministry for 3 weekends now

• yknot
    yknot

ahhh showing signs of slow but steady progress!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Stilla, has she commented on why she's not going out in field service?

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit