shock breakthrough with my wife

by stillajwexelder 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So my wife out of the blue says

"I thought when we went under ban, everyone would still meet in peoples houses at the the book groups. Now they are doing away with that arrangement, what does it all mean.? We have been told for years that was a key reason for the book studies"

I replied " Well you do not want my opinion or I would be considered apostate"

I then said "There have been loads of changes recntly and brothers in other lands have suffered for decades. As soon as Gas Prices get high in the USA, they cancel the Bookstudy. Something is going on and it is not right"

She agreed with me. I have also heard other diehards complaining about the book group arrangement being cancelled.

There is hope

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Well, at least she's starting to think.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The JWs are at the end of the line. Their entire doctrinal foundation is coming apart at the seams. They simply do not have an answer to the grand question: Why hasn't the end come yet?

Maybe they're trotting out a bunch of minor tweaks to keep the r&f distracted. Maybe the GB is a lot loss, too, and can't quite figure out what the hell to do. Regardless, even the most diehard JWs have to see through the nonsense. We were all promised a quick reward in exchange for our Earthly sacrifices and that reward is nowhere in sight.

They've painted themselves into a corner and have no idea how to get themselves out of it. My guess is they're trying to figure out a way to walk all over the wet pet without too many people noticing. Sooner or later, people are going to begin waking up en masse.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Can you just tell her the truth about the truth?

• undercover
    undercover

I think the book study was the favorite meeting of most JWs...

Yea, the attendance numbers were in the crapper, but that's because all the fringe dubs and inactive ones would show up at the hall on Sunday only and occasionally on Ministry School night. Skipping the book study was too easy for those that weren't into the whole JW thing anyway.

I remember the Book Study being like a family gathering. The meeting was short (comparitively speaking), more informal and you had goodie night once a month, if not more often. I went to the same book study for over 10 years...it was like visiting family more than going to a meeting.

And now they do away with it. At first glance, you'd think dubs would be happy having an extra night off, but for the die-hards, it has to be upsetting. The early Christians met in one another's homes, the early Bible Students did the same. Now as the religion has grown, they've removed the one enjoyable thing about meetings.

Like you said Stilla, there's hope...hope that this will jog some of them to think and wonder why this one provisions has been done away with.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

kewl ... kinks in the armor! i luv it!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

interesting, you might get a few points in slowly...about other truths...

h40

• yknot
    yknot

She is in good company...... everyone 50 and older in my KH are not happy about the change.

Yea Stilla!.......

Stilla 1, Watchtower -1

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for brightening my day Stilla!

om

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

"I thought when we went under ban, everyone would still meet in peoples houses at the the book groups. Now they are doing away with that arrangement, what does it all mean.? We have been told for years that was a key reason for the book studies"

Yeah, I was wondering how that was going to pan out. That was the big hype I was told when I became a witness. How we needed to be a small group and get really close. The WT is doing their own selves in.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit