Why don't JW's have their own school for young people?

by QuestioningEverything 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Lease
    Lease

yes, i heard about the school having jw kids who did not act like jw should act.

lease

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

We've had a few posters on the board that were in JW schools. There have been at least a couple of threads about their experiences

If I come across them I will put them in the Best of so they can be easily found

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

In Albuquerque and Sacramento they had witless schools.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I knew a sister that had briefly attended a JW school. She said it didn't last long since the teachers and parents couldn't agree on what textbooks should be used and what should be taught. Lots of squabbles, kinda like an elder/elderette/parent free-for-all.

B the X

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

They did. Some of my older family members went. The way I understood it, it was run like a private school and had certified jw teachers that taught. The issue was (as I understand it) the WTBTS did not like the fact that they did not have TOTAL control. After several years there was a local needs talk that pretty much said the WTBTS does not support this, so the next "school year" no one enrolled their kids and the school was no longer in existence.

It is like the "sister" I use to be friends with (until I had the balls to question the "elders" and she shunned me ... even b/4 I became inactive) who did Bethel tours. That was her specialty. She received a letter from the WTBTS telling her to shut down her business because she was competing w/ Jehovah's directed organization (who also had its own sponsored tour company and got a kick back from the "sponsored" tour company). When she refused to do it, they wrote her local hall, her elder husband was told to get his wife in subjection and if he did not he would be removed and then a local needs talk was given. So guess what happened ... yup, all the jws started cancelling their trips.

What a loving group of lemmings.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Ohhh, ohhh. I remember now also what happened. There were horrible rumors (which were later confirmed) that the elder who was running it was behaving inappropriately with the young girls. Come to find out that he was in fact having an "affair" with his daughters best friend, from the time she was 14 until she was 18 when she made it public. No, he was never reported to the police. Rather, they disfellowshiped the girl (because she tempted him with her jezebel ways) and he was "marked" and removed for a while.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

All of the above, not to mention, witness parents consider it an honor to Jehovah to watch their children suffer "persecution" by being a social outcast among the "worldlies". Sick but true. I even remember having that said to me as a young kid, "Well, the bible said we would be persecuted" my mom smiling a proud smile, how messed up is that? LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want the witlesses to suffer. If they have to watch other children play in school and sit to the side, so much the better. The same for holiday parties. And if they flunk tests because of being too tired after a boasting session (especially with the hounder-hounder or equivalent) the preceding night, all the better. Then they will not learn math and science enough to use in figuring out that Jehovah is nothing more than Trouble, and that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is a big fat lie.

• iloowy
    iloowy

There's also Pearblossom Private School which is run by JWs and a lot of homeschoolers follow their program.

http://www.pearblossomschool.com/

--ILOOWY

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.pearblossomschool.com/

Gary S. Goldman, Ph.D. (the school director) has created the course Medical Controversies based on his best-selling book, The Chickenpox Vaccine: A New Epidemic of Disease and Corruption. This course will expose adverse effects of vaccines, water fluoridation, and other medical interventions. (The book can be ordered online at www.injectionbook.com)

??????????????????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit