Why don't JW's have their own school for young people?

by QuestioningEverything 32 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

The same reason that they don't have hospitals, shelters, food pantrys, etc. They are not in the business of providing relief or anything else to people. They are a business masquerading as a religion. The bottom line is money and can be clearly seen from all the changes they have made in the recent past. The donation arrangement and others were all made in response to a possible loss of income.

They don't really care about what little Susie has to go through at school. It is good cult training.

• Lease
    Lease

here in southern california, there was a jw school. i knew the parents that sent their daughter to this school.

lease

• james_woods
    james_woods

Choosing Life makes a good point we have missed up til now - the JW heirarchy actually likes the travails that they are putting these kids through in public school - good persecution makes good witnesses. Also, they can be taught to try to proselytize the other non-JW kids.

Could you find any more information on that school in so-cal, lease? Maybe it was the one I heard about years ago...

• Lease
    Lease

well, i was a pioneer at the time....mid -90's. a sister in my hall had a daughter....she was 9 at the time. i was so surprised to see the daughter get picked up from school early...like 1:30pm. the grandmother said "oh she goes to the witness school". i heard that before in conversations of kids going to the "witness school". when i first heard of it...i asked a few questions like "can worldly people attend?" "where is it?" and other questions...but i honestly dont remember the answers. i think the school was around the long beach area of so. cal. and i think they did homework and studying out of witness literature.

lease

• blondie
  • rebel8
    rebel8

GOALS AND CONVICTIONS OF THE NEW SYSTEM SCHOOL, INC...

2. Education should encompass Fear of Jehovah, Respect for Authority, and Sound Bible Education.
    3. Education should cultivate Thinking and Reading Ability.
    4. Education should provide Practical Skills for adult living.
    5. Education should enable recipients to be Responsible Christians.
    6. Education should encourage Good Physical, Emotional, Mental, and Spiritual Health, and enable one to relate to people various backgrounds, interests, and beliefs.

LOL. Let's all send our kids to a School That Doesn't Know The Basic Rules Of Capitalization.

• Gram
    Gram

You are correct about the school in Long Beach, California. My grandchildren went there year before last. It has since closed. It was a terrible experience, little or no homework, and what can you learn/be taught in a 3 hour school day? It was from K through 12th grade. So many days off you can't believe...when the Seniors had field trips, etc. the rest of the school closed because there were only 7 "teachers'. We believe that only 1 was fully accredited...I could go on and on. One of the favorite "teachers" quit and he emailed and/or phoned the students to reveal the inner politics and to undermine the authority of the Principal, even going so far as calling her "a bitch" in front of the students during a class. The students did not act like Witnesses, the clothing was inappropriate, they bullied people, made fun of people, and there was a lot of gossip and name-calling. Although the open house looked impressive, the projects were all assigned and due one week before the open house. This year-long experience contributed to one of the reasons why they are no longer going to meetings.

The level of education was grossly sub-standard. The reason given for closing the school was due to financial reasons and the decline in enrollment. I wonder why?!?

Where are these kids now? My grandchildren are in public school doing well. The others, maybe being homeschooled?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    LOL. Let's all send our kids to a School That Doesn't Know The Basic Rules Of Capitalization.

And I'll just bet that their studies on geology, anthropology, world history, and biological science are a hoot as well.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

what's Wrong With Their Capitalization?

should "LOL" Be Capitalized?

w

• White Dove
    White Dove

That sounds pathetic! They don't care about kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit