Just had jw elder at door and he wouldn't leave when i asked him to! lol

by dobbie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

I am so laughing my head off and want to thank JWD for giving me the strength to leave the jws and for standing up to them (i am a quiet mouse usually!)

The jws next door had the field service meeting and i told hubby(inactive ) that they'd gone so he could cut the grass, but i was wrong and as soon as he went out they all piled out of the house lol!They tried to say hello but he shunned them as he hates the way they ignore me (d'ad) esp his family. Then while he was talking to our other neighbour i saw his step father (who is a big bully and called me a murderer when i said i wasnt sure if i wanted to be a jw anymoreand my kids would be killed because of me which really hurt me) so he arranged to work our road i know just so he can get hold of hubby.

Anyway hubby was hiding in the house and tried to make me see them (again) but i made him do it, hoping he'd just tell them hes not interested. Ten minutes later and i see them still there with the Bible out - the last time he called last year i showed him the sign on my door which says no religious callers so i saw red.

I went out pointed to the sign and said politely 'i showed you this sign last time about religious callers and you are here with your bible out can you put it away and leave please'. He point blank refused! He said couldn't he call on his 'son' and 'grandchildren' i said hes never even asked to see our 6 month old and i'd asked nicely so could he put it away and he said that as i was not the head of the household it wasn't up to me to ask him to leave and he was staying! I said you may believe that but to us our marriage is equal and we are the same (of course hubby would not back me up as hes so scared of this man).

So he goes on about the truth end of the world to hubby trying to ignore me and i said you may think so but its rubbish, then i get 'the truths the truth'. Hubby then says he doesnt agree with the way family have treated me, so i said i couldn't care less and i really am 100% happier now than i was as a jw. Isay how horrible he was to me two yrs ago(in front of the other elder who looks v uncomfy by this stage!) and he says so you left just because of a few words i said that are straight from the bible. So i said to Richard theres no point talking to them as they've been taught what to say even though we know all religions thinks the same about theirs as well.

I said hubbys mother could come and see the grandchildren its up to her he refused that and said no way would they ever step foot in my house, wasn't going to happen so i ended by saying up to you but its not our fault she doesn't see them(thats what they tell people!)

Anyway i feel absolutely brilliant and am spoiling for another fight. The thing is when he calls again i won't know how to get rid of him as he just won't go lol! I did think of putting a big sign up saying 'we love satan' but then that would scare everyone away then lol!Any suggestions to spare this silly man calling, he will til hubby sticks up for himself and i don't see why i should put up with it! Thanks to all here though and your experiences as it helped me stand my ground hopefully they'll give up as a lost cause now!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

next time I would make a scene that the neighbors would see...

or put a sign in the deck or yard saying "jehovah's witness family shuns us. jehovah's witnesses are family breakers"

• dobbie
    dobbie

Blondie they will never have access to the kids without me there and as they won't have that they won't see them. But i know what they will try and do to their minds if i let them see them without me my m in l has tried before. Going out for a nice country walk with my family now while they will be at the meeting by now shaking their heads ovr the 'apostate' and how horrible people are when they leave the 'truth' haha

• blondie
    blondie

So, dobbie, is your husband going to step up to the plate as to his father dropping by and tell him is not welcome until he treats you better? Sounds like that is the only way your FIL will respect you and him. It won't work if you speak for your husband, your FIL has to hear it direct from your husband.

Love, Blondie

• carla
    carla

I think I have FINALLY gotten rid of jw's harrassing me! I have previously sent the cease & desist to NY, told the elders, ms, r & f who come here, told my jw to keep away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I have signs on my door as well. Finally, one lady came and I knew her name, had a few words about scandals, false prophecies, misrepresenting scholars, basically I didn't let her get a word in edgewise. Then I promptly went in the house and wrote NY another letter. In this one I named the woman and how we are supposed to be a do not call and she admitted to my husband she knew that, but gosh, must have been a mistake. I asked NY why would they even want jw's to come here when I own nearly every anti jw book on the market, have movies about them, printouts by the thousands, etc... and regularly deliver anti jw literature? I think that did the trick finally. She also had to write me an apology note, not sure if my jw or the elders made her do that.

I think you held it together pretty well considering the circumstances! At some point I might have just gotten the hose and and got rid of him that way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder what they would do if you pull out a Ouija board and then started to pray to Satan.

• Quandry
    Quandry

dobbie, you said:

The jws next door had the field service meeting and i told hubby(inactive ) that they'd gone so he could cut the grass, but i was wrong and as soon as he went out they all piled out of the house lol!They tried to say hello but he shunned them as he hates the way they ignore me (d'ad) esp his family. Then while he was talking to our other neighbour i saw his step father (who is a big bully and called me a murderer when i said i wasnt sure if i wanted to be a jw anymoreand my kids would be killed because of me which really hurt me) so he arranged to work our road i know just so he can get hold of hubby.

Why are YOU shunned and not your husband? Why are YOU the murderer? It sounds like you are the scapegoat here. It definitey would be better for hubbie to summon the guts to stand up to this man once and for all and tell him as the head of the house he will not allow anyone to come and demean his wife and the mother of his children. This man is not anyone's judge-doesn't he know that is the job of Jesus or does he think Jesus isn't good enough? Yes, he certainly does sound like a bully!!

You cannot outdo this man by speaking in any rational way. Next time he comes, I would answer the door sweetly, and then go tell hubbie someone is here to see him, then vacate the premises.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Congrats Dobbie for having the guts to stand up to JWs.

But I agree that your hubby has to get his courage up to stand up to JWs himself. Is he harboring doubts about whether JWs are the truth or not?

• dobbie
    dobbie

Just had a nice two hourwalk and a picnic - so glad not to be stuck in a sunday meeting anymore!

Blondie - i said all that to hubby about sticking up for me being spoken to like that, he said hedidn't think about it?!

Carla- well done for getting rid of them!If i'd have remembered the hose i would have used it - maybe next time?

WtWizard - i doubt even an ouija board and any number of satanic rituals would scare him off, he's one hard nut lol!

Quandary - I'm shunned as i d'ad but hubby wants nothing to do with them but won't d'a though i said at least we can get on with our lives and not be pestered out of the blue like this.

Free2think - thanks duck, i surprise myself occasionally lol!

Awakened - no hubby doesnt believe it, hes just too scared, he says hes waiting for them to kick him out but i can't see that happening, they must know he celebrates xmas etc so they could have done it by now.

The funny thing was as he left he ignored me and said to hubby ' always remember i love you and the grandchildren - the ones he won't see btw- so i said funny way of showing it as he scarpered off. Oh well hopefully its put them off for a while, the other elder looked like he wanted tobe anywhere else but at our door lol!x

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

hey dobbie.. sorry you have had to deal with such an arsehole... :-(

next time he comes, just act all humble and say that there's one thing you can't seem to get over, and that is the 607 BCE date. Let him go off and do research, and then when he comes back with the thought that "we added it up that way coz we're the only ones who follow the 70 years" then point him to the information under "Simple Calculation" in www.jwfacts.com that show that even the WTBTS prove that 607 is wrong. Then just say you can't get over the scripture in Deut 18:20:

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word which YAHWEH has not spoken? When a prophet speaks in the name of YAHWEH, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which YAHWEH has not spoken; the prophet has spoken presumptuously, you need not be afraid of him." (Deuteronomy Chapter 18 verse 20)

Tell him you feel that God is directly giving you a message through His word. Can he explain how God's Word might be false? :-) hehe

x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit