Britain Olympics shock

by slimboyfat 41 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How did Britain get to be third on the medals table? That was a bit unexpected. And beating the Australians as well - they won't be pleased about that.

I don't expect it will last though. They will probably bomb out for the rest of the games.

I don't much like the Olympics any way - it's all politics, drugs and corruption.

RankCountryGoldSilverBronzeTOTAL
    1China2913951
    2USA18192259
    3Great Britain115723
    4Germany95620
    5Australia8101129
    6South Korea79420
    7Japan75618
    8Russia69924
    9Italy65516
    10Ukraine53614
  • Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I don't expect it will last though. They will probably bomb out for the rest of the games.

Ahh....the above comment said in true British spirit…….!!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Population United Kingdom: 60,943,912

Australia: 20,600,856

Total Medals Britain 23

Australia 29

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Britain isn't too far behind the US and they are beating GermanyI'm sure their respective populations are way more.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    2USA18192259

and if it wasn't for phelps....

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think a lot of this is not just political it's economic's too. China is emerging as an econimic force to be reckoned with. The States owes China tons of money. It wasn't an accident that China was chosen to host the olympics. Endorsments advertising will open China doors further in the world economy. Most of the top medal winners are from countries that are politically and econimically significant.

In wrestling one Swede through his medal to the ground in disgust. Both he and his coach were convinced of judges favoutism. I'm not saying this happens in all cases, as some events are more convincingly merasured.

Bolts breaking of the 100 metres is hard to beleive. I say that cuz it keeps getting broken year after year. How long can you break a record like this. Unless you start wearing rocket shoes. I'm not disputing he won. That's obvious but still hard to beleive. I'd have to time it myself to beleive it.

Canada has only started winning a few. All this stuff doesn't matter a hill of beans to me. I mean really does anyone care that much, that isn't involved fiancially. I can assure you my gluten free bread will still be six dollars a loaf, and that's a small loaf too!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Tyrone van leyen - and remember the biggest scandal of politics was East Germany a few years back. The communist government, at time when Olmpians were supposed to be amatuers, sponsored a regime of althletes who were given illegal drugs and generally cheated their way to being one of the top sporting nations of the time.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    and if it wasn't for phelps....

yeah - lol

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's right Eyeslice, and some of their female athletes, were on so many steroids, they looked like Madonna, after she gets out of the gym.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

it's a conspiracy! ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit