Are you are "born-in-the troof" JW?

by mustang 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Yep, I was a "born-in"... ignorant and fooled like the rest...

• yknot
    yknot
    Whoa, YK

I have discussed Baptism/JW legal/Infant Baptism/Family Merit many times here. I once read every Baptism Vow I could find on the I-Net (over 30). But I missed yours

Mine was made up by an Elder because he knew small children had limited memorization skills..... but hey I can repeat it word for word like I can humpty dumpty. We used to repeat it everyday.... cuz Armageddon was right around the corner...... oddly enough he also used to make us marked for legal listen to Hayden Covington or stories about the trials on cassette tape in the back room.

• davidguest
    davidguest

Its so interesting tha the Witnesses want to follow in Jesus' footsteps, but kids (me!) get baptized at 12. Why not make everyone wait until 30, like, say, Christ? Oh, wait, there is no chance in hell any clear headed 30 year old would get baptized.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yup, Macaully Culkin (sic) inculcate Macaully Culkin...Jesus' truths inculcated into young Timothy Culkin...

I really hate that word!

• mustang
    mustang

Davidguest has got it.

Not only would the 30 year hesitate, but he might come up the real naswer (fatal to WTS): what's wrong with having a Laity Class???

Mustang

• yknot
    yknot

I am confused Mustang...... aren't we the laity class?

publisher

pioneer

MS....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/laity

Laity: : the people of a religious faith as distinguished from its clergy

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Yup, I consider myself born twice. The first time into ignorance. The second time into reality. And the second time, just like a newborn infant, I had to learn of the world around me, who I was and what I wanted. I highly recommend being born twice.

• mustang
    mustang
    Laity: : the people of a religious faith as distinguished from its clergy

Excellent, YK,

If I am confusing or obfuscating, I 'pologize.

You have the straight of it: it is the JW aim that ALL preach and that none sit in the pews as true drones: NO CLERGY-LAITY DISTINCTION.

Well, they are drones, but they are improperly educated. It is up to us to teach them to SIT ON THEIR A$$

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Sweetstuff:

"born again" that works!!!!

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Less' see:

no time slips

no stinkin' reaching out

no contributions box