Are you are "born-in-the troof" JW?

by mustang 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, I too was born twice: birth into a cult and screwed up badly and then born into the real world.

I would have prefered to be born only once and the right way.

Once should have been good enough if it was done right.

Gee, thanks mom and dad, grandmother and grandfather, ggma and ggpa!

Funny, I don't feel vengeful, just glad I'm not in it anymore.

Baptism: Guilt at the first splash. Bumper sticker I saw.

Born OK the First Time! Bumper sticker.

Born again Pagan. Button.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Oh yes, third generation, grandfather male role model, anointed, mom married but separated. Burned as infant and not expected to live, mom prayed and dedicated my life to Jehovah if I lived. Baptized at 11. Moved where the great were needed. Helped start congregation in Galveston Texas, and Dryden, Wash. Married a pioneer, went to prison in the late 60s, lost my wife to breast cancer, we faded before I lost her, she wanted her JW family back when the end was near so that meant I had to go and the truth had to come back for her.

I have been beaten, stabbed, shunned in and outside the org. Was always a loner, abused physically and sexually, yes I was born into the blessed truth. I'm out but the deepest parts of truth are still in me. I've been asked by a Mormon bishop to join and be a high prist, after a funeral talk I gave for a relative, I declined, said I already was a high prist, no one stands before me and God, but Christ. Have been told by several clergy of different faiths that I should start my own church, including a few X JW elders.

A lot of water under the bridge and time that can never be bought back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit