Needs a little tweaking...but it is a start! I am excited!

by Sparkplug 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

So my site is up. I am in the process of loading stuff up, but worked all night on it and this is what I have so far. So I am finally throwing it out there. deckimarley.com

What do you think?

I am scared as all get out putting it out there really and cannot figure out why? Maybe because it is taking a step.

So far I see a few typos on the first page that I cannot reach. Also a need for the buttons to be more clearly labeled on the left for the gallery slide show. I think it is pretty cool that you can change the size of the photos and how fast the show goes...but I think if I did not say it is on the left one might not find it. Any critique? I want it to be user friendly. I also need the person helping me to put up the price list and contact info. The email is in the process of being rectified.

So? Comments of the good are welcome on the photos. Critique is welcome here. lol

Thanks guys and gals! again deckimarley.com

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

looks good,

purps

• free2think
    free2think

looks really good deck, i like it alot.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Did you all understand the gallery buttons and slideshow...or am I just being critical? To me I think it is not user friendly, but maybe it is just me. Were you able to function around? Do you think the average person could manage? I want it to be simple.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Looks great and to me pretty easy to navigate, congrats on a great job!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I thought it was very easy to get around.

and I am just an average person!!!

I have someone working on a site for me......Hope it looks as great as yours.

I like the pic in the immigration part with the tall building behind the people....looks cool.

purps

• Dagney
    Dagney

Very nice!

Good luck and I wish you all the success possible.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks you all. I am maybe just a bit jittery about it. So now...It is down to hitting the streets and advertising after we finish tweaking. Personally, I had a hard time weedling down the photos. I think I still need to. I think maybe I need to separate the engagement and the bridal shoots. It was late and I ended up just putting them together. They straggled onto their own page.

I like the immigration ones too Purplesofa. There was a lot of emotion that day. Heck I like all the wedding ones. There always is a lot of emotion going there. A all else that are looking, I do appreciate the insight. Everything said will be taken into consideration and soon there will be updates. I know I have some advice from one mentor ringing in my ear, "9 pictures...pick 9 pictures" well you see how well that turned out. I can't seem to get it down to 9 pictures. My favorites do not reflect the wedding enough and the wedding sometimes had somethings in it that I want to show...like 50 people walking the aisle...but the quality was not as I wanted. So, over 9 photos.

*sigh*

The pics I really want up, well i cannot get a release from the model..or were taken for my old company, and cannot use on the net. That really burns me up. I so want to use those. Maybe it is because I cannot. Ah well, I will just have to take more.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

looking good..

no apostafest section tho!!!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey dearest! I was not so sure that the general public would appreciate out torrid affairs. Plus privacy issues. That would be a great events section. I would just have to be very selective and ask each person. There are some great ones of little toe and crumpet with the vibrators! Btigid and Daystar and (Wow she always makes a photo)

I even had to be very careful at the weddings that had apostafolks at them. Just to be on the safe side.

Work is work, but play is better and some of our play photos are sooo much fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit