Never, Ever Believe A Thing They Tell You.

by Englishman 43 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

E'Man,

Yes, this predates the issue. I still smell the scent of elder intrusion though.

HS

• outnfree
    outnfree

"I still smell the scent of elder intrusion though."

Me, too, H_Step.

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Mike,

Sorry for your kids, and your ex-wife even too.

Mike

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• thewiz
    thewiz

Who on these boreds would approve their children hanging around other children that would be a bad influence on them?

The JWs are accustmed to a way of life. Shunning is a form of protection for them and a discipline for the DF'd one.

There's another 6 billion people on the planet, why not go spend your time with them? Why are many of you people fighting so hard to be friends or share the compnay of people you dislike so much anyway?

Do you send your kids to there rooms, punish them with no games or T.V. or going to bed earlier? That's a form of seperating them from the social group, albeit, it's not nearly severe or as long.

But why is it when the JWs do things to protect themselves or children you berate them?

They don't want to be around many of the people, like many on these boreds, shoving down their throats things they know to be obviously wrong.

What about kids that have been taught about Santa Claus or Christmas? Everyone I know that believed in Santa Claus were angry at their parents for LYING to them, and making them look like fools the first decade of their little lives.

Funny how many people on these boreds live by a double standard. you criticise the JWs for lying, but many of you believe in the big lie of Christmas with all it's pagan origins.

My immediate family and wife's family live over 400 miles away. We took our kids with us. Whose going to crticise me for taking the grand kids so far away from them? Fundamentally, it is the same. My kids have virtually no physical contact with their grandparents, except when we go up to visit. They rarely talk to them on the phone when we call each other. So it's basically the same.

Put things in perspective people.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wiz,

I think the issue here may not revolve simply around protecting children from dangerous influences.

It seems to be that the exclusion of a person from the WTS is interpreted by the average JW as if they are automatically a dangerous influence on others. This is not E'mans family excluding other members from associating with them, this is E'Mans family being instructed to exclude association with them by other people, on the grounds that those people find them to be a dangerous influence.

This should be a family matter and a matter of individual conscience not a corporate-theological matter.

HS

PS - I hope that your spelling of the word 'board' as 'bored' is not a Freudian slip. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m sorry for your family E-man.Jws are mindless drones that will go for your throat on command.Your kids are probably better off with out them...OUTLAW

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK WIZ

How is Christmas a lie? n HMMMMM? It's not purported to be the Birthday of Jesus but rather the celebration of His nativity which we as Christians admit we don't know the date of.

As for your response to shunning, it's utter nonsense. The JW ritual of shunning is unbiblical and inhumane. It needlessly seperates families for nothing other than sheer power trips.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hillary Step, Outnfree:

Elder intrusion is the most likely scenario, my ex's B-I-L is an elder and lives close by to Grandad.

Now that I think about it, when I was DF'd and my ex was still in, she went to see her sister. I followed a day later and had to sleep outside in the car because I was DF'd. God, I had forgotten about that! 30 years ago too!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• nelly136
    nelly136

you're so right wiz, we are to be shunned to protect them, I'll try and remember that next time one of my jw used to be family needs a lift to the hospital and none of their loving 'bruvvers' are around to take them even though theyve not spoken a word to me since the last funeral.
    If you notice eman was saying contact was instigated by that side of the family not the other way around, is it little wonder that his kids have found it confusing when jws can be so wishy washy over whats acceptable contact and whats not,
    me personally I chose to cut off any remaining contact with a portion of my jw family, I got tired of the pick up and drop as and when fit, I cant say I regret it either,apparently it didnt go down well, how dare I do that and df them??? lol, the children are more settled and dont have to face being rejected or luvved depending on mood,I dont have to drive 40 ish miles anymore for one of the grandchildren to visit by grandmas request only to be told the other end I cant take the littlest to the toilet after the drive, such is life, youre damned if you do and damned if you dont, I am guilty of double standards, so what, I just try and deal with each situation as it arises and sometimes its not all black and white.
    nelly

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry to hear about you family Eman - sounds as messed up as ours!

I can't help thinking that people will regret their actions when they are older and reflect on their lives a bit more.

After umpteen doctrinal changes and numerous scandals and cover ups they must eventually realise that they've been 'had' (if they don't already) and that they missed out on their family for no good reason than some old guyy that they never met living half way round the world didn't said so.

It's very sad.

We've had the same thing happen to us - some people are fine and then moron elders put their big heads in and convince people that they should have no contact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit