Were You An Ignorant Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The only reason I was a JW, was my mother raised me in it.

Fortuately, they came up with the date of 1975 and Armegeddon and the New Order.

January 1976 freed me of the nonsense.

And taught me a lot about gulability and human nature.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

naive, idealistic, but not ignorant. my biggest mistake, if you want to label it as such, was not listening to my gut when it tried to tell me to RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! LOL! But, considering that I was only 14, living in a very difficult home situation, and trying hard not to increase my mom's worries, I think most would cut me slack. But, yes, even at that age, I knew that it was bull..........and that studying made me feel trapped, cornered and caged. And, when I was 18 and still NOT baptized, I knew I did not want to become a JW, but, looking at my options, it was the only palatable decision for me at that time.

Terri

• wobble
    wobble

True Minimus but there is a great difference between being duped and facts witheld from you and being willfully ignorant,the big problem is getting dubs who you love to open their hearts and minds, I am even having a problem doing that with my wife who I call a Homer Witness,from the episode where he say's to the preacher"when you were up there going Yadda Yadda Yadda I didn't listen!" She sure didn't listen at the KH.

Even so enough "ignorant speach" has gone in so she wont listen to much of what I have found out.

I guess we are all ignorant if we don't listen to and evaluate every idea.

Great thread!

Love Wobble

• OBVES
    OBVES

Mother said this, sister said that and aunt said that ! We don't go by what people say but what the Bible says !

We must study the Bible and search for the truths and decide who has the religion God Yahweh aproves of .

The fact is arising from the Bible as I see it that Jehovah's Witnesses as continuators of the International Bible Students using the name Watchtower are the true christian religion and you have to prove using the Bible it is not so if you don't agree.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I knew it was all wrong from my 14 years on, but could only sneak out when I gained financial independence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit