Were You An Ignorant Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Many JWs stay in for various reasons but the bottom line is that they know none of it is "the Truth".

were you a true believer in spite of the facts? Did you ignorantly accept whatever "Mother" said, just because "Mother" said so??

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Not me, I questioned "Mother" every step of the way. "Mother" was just too good at covering up the lies, for a while at least.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Ignorant of the lies until I went to Gilead... and the dominoes began to fall down...

• yknot
    yknot

A year ago I was.... kinda sorta

I was a true believer in the appointment until this site showed me it was fake. I never noticed my KH library had the Finished Mystery or other older books besides the yearbooks (older books are pushed to the very back behind the yearbooks on the top shelf).

I knew about some of the 'scandals' and personality decisions but passed them off as Satan infiltration into the Society similar to weeds amongst wheat.

No more waiting on Jehovah for me! I am 'taking the lead' in my own life now.

• minimus
    minimus

For those of us that had massive "theocratic" libraries, we had all the inconsistencies at our fingertips. We just didn't go there. We refused to actively study and research why we believed what we did.

• wobble
    wobble

I was not totally ignorant,like Junction Guy I asked lots of questions,especially about the really silly stuff,like the prophecies in Daniel being fulfilled by some fartass assembly at Cedar Point Ohio,but I was naive enough to think that they had the bulk of the"truth".I was a born in so it took a lot to open my eyes.I kick myself daily for being such a twunt.

love

Wobble

• minimus
    minimus

What's a "twunt"?

• Gregor
    Gregor

The first niggling question in the back of my mind was why we were never encouraged to study or even read some of the old books that were often referred to in the current publications as, literally, tangible examples of fulfilled bible prophecy. A good example were the "Studies in the Scriptures" series, especially "The Finished Mystery".

• wobble
    wobble

dear minimus,

The word TWUNT is arrived at by the conflation of a euhemism e.g twat and an extremely unspeakable 4 letter word ending in unt.

hence twunt.

Am I not even sillier than that?

Love

Wobble

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At first I was, since I had no other resources to cross-reference with and hadn't yet had time to be disappointed. However, once they started welching on their promises, it wasn't long before I realized that I would be better off outside whether or not they were telling the truth.

And I questioned many of the things they used to justify keeping me away from the opposite sex. There was no way they could ever get more out of me than me plus kids, and now all the more so that I turned apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit