My last thread

by OnTheWayOut 27 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I truly don't feel like OnTheWayOut anymore. On JWS or whichever board takes the
    lead, I am "Jerry in Chicago." That suits me better. I am more than on the way.

I still come to JWD to check the PM's, but that's not really necessary. One of my
    favorites, AK-Jeff is still here, so I may add to a thread now and again as long as he
    and a few others linger here.

But this is the last thread I will start. I bet it doesn't break one page. Once we were
    told that JWD is closing, so many looked for the alternative.

I see no point in starting new stuff when everyone is leaving. We were given plenty of
    notice to find alternatives. Apparently, we only needed a week or two to wrap it up.

Thanks to all. Last one out- take out the trash and turn out the lights.

• poppers
    poppers

See you on JWS -

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

See ya on the otherside Jerry.

Karl

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

see you at an APOSTAFEST in the future

• blondie
    blondie

I'll start the way to break a page, Jerry. Looking forward to seeing you later this month.

Love, Blondie

• Highlander
    Highlander

Jerry,

We've coresponded a bit during our time here and I plan on keeping in touch. I may not join another forum, but I will be sure to send an email every now and then. I also have your number for when I visit chicago.

I've enjoyed your posts here on jwd and if I join another forum I will be sure to look for you.

Take care,

• changeling
    changeling

I'll see you and give you "karma" on JWS!

changeling :)

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I suppose it's great you don't feel like OTWO, Jerry. Have always enjoyed your posts.

All the best, and maybe see you around. (I'm posting at JWRecovery atm.)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hi Jerry,

Check out JWR... that's where I'm posting...

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/index.php

See you around... I'm thinking I might need to go to Chicago in Oct maybe.. if so I'll look you up or will go to a meetup.

Lance

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, Jerry, I suppose it's fitting that what will probably be my last post should show up on your last thread, eh?

It is great to hear that you are no longer OnTheWayOut. The best feeling washed over me about two months ago when it finally hit me that I am no longer an ex-JW. Very few of my offline friends even know I ever was a JW, and they usually only find out when they start discussing a friend or relative they have who is starting to be interested in JWs or who is a JW.

I have a great life, with a great job, and a great wife who is a member of a silly, insignificant religion. It now almost feels inconsequential that I was ever a part of the same silly religion.

This place, and the people here, helped me in dozens of ways. I don't think I will even bother to find an alternative. I'll probably just keep in touch with people who want to keep in touch with me and go live a good, long, useful life.

Jerry, to you, a tip of the hat on the way out of THIS door, and a wish that life will offer you lots of doors to choose from . . . and may they all have clear windows so you can choose well.

Respectfully,
    Brandon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit