Am I being paranoid?

by Mandette 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mandette
    Mandette

this is stupid....maybe....

I was in our local public library last week. I looked for Crisis of Conscience. They don't have it. So I asked about it. One of the librarians said they could order it for me and let me have first pick at it. They said they'd call me and let me know. I never heard from them.

As I was leaving the library, I saw one of the library employees that's a Borg member in good standing.......

I'm thinking she intercepted it......or maybe I'm just an idiot and being paranoid.......it just wouldn't surprise me if she did it.....

Mandette

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Libraries typically take many months to process purchase requests. If the bOrg employee did "intercept" the copy of COC you asked for, she's ripe for disciplinary action. Just call the library and ask about the progress of your request. If they did buy the book and she "intercepted" it, they'll track it down.

GentlyFeral

• Mandette
    Mandette

Gently

thank you! I didn't know all that. It was written on paper though and not entered into the computer. At least not in front of me....I will call and keep track....

I guess I'm being silly...........this woman use to talk to me and now ignores me.....even though I'm not df'd. Must be that new light coming through for her.

Mandette

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I went to look for CoC at my local library, and it had been stolen. They told me they could order it from another library and it arrived on loan after a few weeks. From what I understand, it's not unusual for anti-JW books to end up missing from local libraries. There's probably a few JWs who feel they are doing the world some good by eliminating such "apostasy" from public consumption.

If you're worried about being discovered, you should just download a pdf. version of the book from the Commentary Press website.

• carla
    carla

Ask for an interlibrary loan, obviously don't ask the jw or on second thought do! Pretend you are hard of hearing and ask if it is true that anti jw books go missing and jw's steal them? and why is your Crisis of Conscience book taking so long? Must be a lot of people who are lookiing into this same cult huh?

I once went to the library and printed out at least 50 pages or more, I didn't care about the cost I was in panic mode about my jw just joining up. It had to have been a jw who was giving me a really hard time and counting each page and losing count and starting over and making all kinds of disgusted noises. Finally I had the boss called over, who I knew and I was a member of the 'friends of the library', and offered him an amount that was more than fair and he couldn't understand why the librarian was giving me such a hard time. Felt like a little win that day for me.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Carla

I would LOVE to do that.....but this one knows my parents and I've taken great pains to do nothing that would cause my elderly parents more grief. It is out of respect for them and my desire to have a good relationship with them.

The day is coming but I won't do it with mom and dad around.......

Mandette

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Maybe it was intercepted by Jehobeer's holy spirit?!.......

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wouldnt doubt for a minute that the borg member was up to no good conducting theocratic warfare.

I have always been one to buy books that interst me, Maybe I have been fortunate in being able to afford them, or foolish for buying them.

I am in the process of culling my library of about 500 books down to 100 but I will keep Franz's.

The 100 I keep are like personal friends.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Yes....You're being paranoid......!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Every one I donated to the library got stolen .I went to the Manager to see why!!!! He said it always gets stolen, but the one that did the stealing pays for it.... & NO he wouldnt give me their names. Sorry! As long as it is paid for that is all they can do...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit