Update KH explosion

by stillajwexelder 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Robdar
    Robdar

Sorry, I can't blame the WTS for the elder's suicide. He could have chosen a different ending to his life and didn't. The borg may be cupable but HE made his choice. I do not feel sorry for him but I do feel badly for his family.

Feel free to flame away.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    HE made his choice. I do not feel sorry for him

I agree that we do not have enough information to properly lay the blame on the WTS...but I can still feel compassion for the man. I have been an elder and, without doubting the faith at the time, I still felt keenly the pressure, the expectations, the competition of the TypeA personalities on the body of elders..the treadmill that 'whatever you did was never enough' .

I do not know of course what went through his tortured mind. He may have been guilty of something that would make us recoil from him? Or just be a victim of depression ad stress. I do not suppose we will ever know.

So lets just hold back from criticizing and give him the benefit of the doubt...At least he went out with a bang!!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Sorry, I can't blame the WTS for the elder's suicide. He could have chosen a different ending to his life and didn't. The borg may be cupable but HE made his choice. I do not feel sorry for him but I do feel badly for his family.

Feel free to flame away.

Yes but then again it's hard to know what was wrong with him. I see the borg. like a drug dealer. The drug dealer is only interested in the money, he does not care what it does to the people. If some one is in pain and does not see any way out that person might blame the drug dealer for his problem, the drug dealer is not really at "fault" but he does not help.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I find it interesting the assumptions we all make. Some of you think he must have been involved in a sexual abuse scandal? When this first happened, my husband, a JW friend and I all looked at each other and the friend said, "He must have found out." Found out it's all a lie and a fraud. Sexual abuse never occurred to us.

And I think it's premature to say there is a cover-up on the part of the family. Families dealing with suicide often don't want to discuss it for awhile if ever. I went to the wedding of a college friend. I was at his parents house the night before for a picnic. I saw a picture of my friend on the wall and was confused because there were two images of him in the photo. Come to find out, the other "image" of him was actually his identical twin brother who committed suicide in high school. I never knew he had a brother, let alone a twin. Let's have a little compassion, folks. These people are certainly still grieving.

StAnn

• LDH
    LDH

Was there a news link for this story by any chance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit