Do You Expect to See Jesus?

by cameo-d 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Do you believe that Jesus is yet to come? (why or why not?)

Do you believe that you will see him FOR REAL when he does?

Do you hope to?

• TopHat
    TopHat

I have NO IDEA...whatever will be, will be

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

No, I don't expect to see Moses, Abraham, Buddha or Mohammed either.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Nope.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Yeah, I just saw mi amigo, Jesus, the Puerto Rican dude. Ese vato es muy simpatico, Ud. lo sabe?

• zagor
    zagor

Well celebrating last night arrival of my new nephew (my sis just gave a birth) ... after few drinks, I was almost certain I saw Jesus...

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

No, unfortunately not Cameo. If anyone wanted to check the origins of Christianity, they would soon see, that the tale of Jesus can be matched almost verbatum from other cultures like Mithraism which is an Indian religion, that preceded Christianity by 1000's of years, or even the Greek story of Dyonysus( If I spelled that correctly), among many other different cultures for that matter. There was even a person named Apollonius who did the exact same things as Jesus, at the time of Jesus.

It is quite obvious, that these stories were copied from other cultures. It was Paul who founded Christianity. NOT JESUS> and Paul was a Roman. It was quite obviously, an attempt by a Roman to provide an answer to the Jewish religion which gave the Romans quite a problem. Later leaders of Rome like Constantine accepted Christianity for the empire, but not until forming the council of Nicae which was a religious political uinon of all different religions, that had to come come to agreements on what bullshit would go into the bible and what wouldn't.

Josehus Flavious was a (Jewish/Roman) Historian who wrote one or two lines about Jesus, saying he was a wise man, but that was it! Not one of the other Roman historians of the time of which there were 44, had one word to say about him.

Paul didn't even write his unchallenged nonsense, until about 60 years after the fact, and the Gospels that followed were obviously copying each other. You can see these differences and inconsistancies if you look for them.

Some say that the Gospels wern't written during the time of Christ because the Jewish tradition was called Mishna, or the spoken word, because it was too incriminataing at the time of Tiberious. Lets face it though, it wasn't written at the time, because it was the borrowed, literary fabrication, of Saul of Tarsus, who also was a part of the Sanhedrin. A lawyer by todays terms, who was very literate in a world full of illiterates.

I could go on about how the Jews history, matches Egyptian, but why bother. Your rose coloured glasses are starting to steam up.

The bible has always been a carfully crafted bunch of lies, borrowed from other cultures, to empower the Jews, and control the illiterate masses.

I'm not saying there arn't some historical accuracies, but then, isn't there always some truth in every myth or legend or conquerer's rewritten and biased histories?

• AnneB
    AnneB
    Do you believe that Jesus is yet to come? (why or why not?)

He is yet to come for people who were not Israelites or Judeans or those members of "The Nations" who espoused Christianity prior to approximately 70AD.

Do you believe that you will see him FOR REAL when he does?

Absolutely. Literally.

Do you hope to?

Yeahhhh!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No

No

Yes

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

no

no