This is my name, I was a witness, and this is why I will never be again.

by wanderlustguy 42 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Thanks to this site, not only am I free of the mental imprisonment, but I am also free of the fear that the society used to keep me and others like me silent.

I am not a witness anymore because the truth is not what we are directred to think it is. Once we allow ourselves to think, it is clear as day that there is no real basis for anyone to take the title of faithful and discreet slave. There are folders and lists which contain the names of pedophiles who were never turned over to the proper authorities for their crimes. There are changed documents from watchtowers that were altered for the bound volumes to the elders guidebook which are notated at special meetings. The Watchtower corporation has and/or continues to have assets in tobacco companies, military equipment manufacturers, and an active role in the United Nations. They have changed the meaning of the word "generation" several times based on how close their current explanation was to blowing the business. They have filed as friend of the court with leaders of other religions. They have changed policies which have resulted in the deaths of faithful Witnesses, and have not done anything to make reparations to those disfellowshipped for the old policy, much less those who have lost loved ones or contact with family.

Worst of all is the arrogance with which they judge others, while doing the very things they use to justify their condemnations.

My name is Donnie Dean, and they have no power over me anymore.

I am free.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

...and the crowd goes wild with applause!

That is beautiful. Thank you. Someday, with my loved ones out, I will join you.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Please to meet you Donnie Dean.

I hope one day maybe soon I can do what you just did.

If you are sure this won't hurt you in any way, then I applaud you.

• four candles
  • four candles
    four candles

Hello Donnie,

Good to see you,I too am free but not for the reasons you mentioned,these only came to light after I snuck out.....I don't think anyones noticed yet.

But as Deep Purple famously sang in 'Black Knight'...........'Free to be me'

Go for it!

• distazo
    distazo

congrats!

Be free.

However, if you grow up as a JW expect some trouble such as PTSS. You will get over it.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

You are one step further to being a ******************* ************** then me. I can't hate.

You layed it all out there.

Salute Donnie Dean.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Dean! You put it in a nutshell. Thanks for sharing.

Blueblades

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Well said Donnie. And I salute you for your courage to 'go public' like that.

One day I will join you, but for now I need to fly below the radar as long as I can. I have faded and my Pres Overseer dad, and JW family don't shun my family....yet. Hopefully they will escape too.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Freedom of thought
    Freedom of action

More important
    You're now free to be
    the rational being
    you were always meant to be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit