Just a PRUDENT Reminder in These Days of Rampant Forums

by BabaYaga 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

There have been countless "new forums" set up in the panic of the past few days. I, personally, am concerned for those I care about here.

As a precaution first of all, do not join a forum hosted by anyone you do not know or have GOOD REASON to trust. If anyone starts a forum who is not who they claim to be, they will have your personal information. We have been rather spoiled here in some ways on this forum, because they kept the insanity at bay. Let us not forget that Simon and his family are being threatened in real life. This is not paranoia, it is prudent thinking. Please be aware.

If and when you DO join a forum, SET IT UP WITH A JUNK-MAIL EMAIL ACCOUNT, not the one you use daily for your personal business.

For heaven's sakes, use Firefox as a browser instead of Internet Explorer. It really, truly, honestly does make a difference, people.

And, as the obvious, keep your virus protection (and Microsoft updates, if you use Windows) up-to-date.

Okay, here comes the onslaught. I had to get this out of my head.

Love and wisdom to all,
    Baba.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Good points Baba.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I haven't been online for some time now, what is going on? is the forum really closing and why? when will it close? someone pls explain

• undercover
    undercover

And in those days many forums will arise and claim to be the messiah saying, "here we are, here we are" but do not follow them for trojans are what they are, offspring of viruses...

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, do not use an account that personally identifies you and do not use the password you use for anything important (esp. the email account registered with!)

• White Dove
    White Dove

So, does anyone know if amama2six is legit? I'm not going there for a while until I know for certain that forum is for real and safe.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    Yes, do not use an account that personally identifies you and do not use the password you use for anything important (esp. the email account registered with!)

In the beginning I was constantly popped out of the JWD website and had to keep signing in, which was a pain in the a**, with that complicated password and incryption...or so I thought.

Thank you Simon for taking that extra step to ensure the privacy and safety of the forum.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    does anyone know if amama2six is legit?

A good question.

How could we tell? amama2six joined JWD only a month ago shortly before the incursion by the nasties. What i see is someone who has progressed from being very much a novice on a db to someone who overnight produced a new board with all its bells and whistles. Work it out yourself.

I'm intrigued how someone with six underage kids has so much time these days. Are they getting fed?

Would it be possible, do you think, for more than one person to be sharing the account? I dunno.

Like I say, work it out yourself.

• Contraction
  • Contraction
    Contraction

Only way to be sure is if the admin screens all registrations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit