Dearest Simon...please help some of our old (and banned) friends.....

by oompa 49 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

sadly, I doubt it yesidid.

• iloowy
    iloowy

Oompa, better yet. Avoid JWO. :-) Keep trying for the kinder gentler JWD forgiveness period you were after ;-)

--ILOOWY

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    BeksBks and Changeling for two....

Yes, I agree.....let these two back in to say their good-byes or share memories..........they are NOT the problem...............

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

OK I dont read every topic. I understand that some poster were sabotaging the board or sumthing. Can someone in the know give simple cliff notes version of what exactly happened.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Why were these people banned? I also would like to know who were the poster or posters that stole the database with our information. This is completely out of control. I still can't believe it has gotten this out of hand...

• nameless_one
    nameless_one
    I also would like to know who were the poster or posters that stole the database with our information.

What do you mean, what database? I know that Simon and others have been harassed and basically stalked by a group of hateful nasty people, but I had assumed that stemmed from people using the relatively common knowledge of name and location and going from there. Are you saying that the JWD database has been broken into/stolen/breached somehow? I did not know this, please someone point me to what I have missed.

As for the original post, I agree that changeling and beksbks should be allowed back. They were only banned during the heat of this latest blow-up, and I think the posting history of both demonstrates that they are friends of this board and the people on it.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wouldn't let them in..they would probably bring a virus with them! A lot of the banned posters have too much anger and hate for this board (Owner)...

Snoozy...

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

A lot of the banned posters, yes. Maybe even most of them. But changeling and beksbks? I was only referring to those two specifically, and I don't think either one of them is remotely connected to The Problem here.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Snoozy,

I wouldn't let them in..they would probably bring a virus with them! A lot of the banned posters have too much anger and hate for this board (Owner)...

Your comment puzzles me.

As it is 'banned posters' who have sat on their little sites taking verbal pot shots on a daily basis for YEARS at the board owner, and as some have actually crossed a line that was once inconceivable, that of intruding into the real life and privacy of another XJW,....what exactly IS motivating them if it is not 'anger and hate"? Philanthropy?

HS

• Layla33
    Layla33
    What do you mean, what database? I know that Simon and others have been harassed and basically stalked by a group of hateful nasty people, but I had assumed that stemmed from people using the relatively common knowledge of name and location and going from there. Are you saying that the JWD database has been broken into/stolen/breached somehow? I did not know this, please someone point me to what I have missed.

For people to go through the amount of trouble they went through, I really believe some type of IP address and database violation had to occur. I deduced that some type of breach happened on this site, from this message:

There are a number of people who have absolutely violated the privacy of others, caused problems in their off-line lives and appear to have used information sent in PMs on other forums and possibly email addresses and passwords used to register on the other site to do this. I believe that an offer I received by email to buy the domain name and database was from them and part of why they want it is to continue their abusive behaviour.

I have received a number of genuine offers to buy or take over the forum but please don't be offended that I am not willing to take the risk that it is someone possibly acting on other people's behalf.

The database is not going to be sold as-is. Even if I agreed to sell the archive I would erase all PMs, IP addresses, Email addresses and admin conversations before it was transferred and I intend to do this anyway when it is archived. I take people's privacy seriously, always have and will continue to do so. (of course I would not sell the site to the dysfunctionals)

You should always be careful with the amount of personal information you reveal online and check into who is running a site that you are intending to register on. This is not intended to scare people or put them off going to other sites but at this time there are people actively seeking peole's information who have demonstrated that they will use it in an attempt to cause people harm or inconvenience. It pays to be careful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit