JWD found my best friend... after 25 years.

by POs Son 10 Replies latest forum announcements

• POs Son
    POs Son

About two years ago, I read a post on JWD asking if there was anyone from the XYZ congregation. Recognizing this as the congregation in which I was raised, I made contact with the poster. It turned out to be my next door neighbor when I was a child, she was my babysitter, and best friend.

Now, 25 years later we are both grown, she lives only 4 hours away, and we have met in person. We get to chat online every day or two, and meet face to face when possible. What a treat to meet someone from so many years ago.

Simon, thank you for your service to the XJW community. I cannot blame you for your decision, and wish you the best of luck in the future. Thanks for helping me find my best friend, just 25 years later.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I met a good teenhood friend on here after about 25-30 years. I also met a former member of my childhood bookstudy on here. This is amazing! Thanks Simon!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Those are great stories!

I wonder how many have met up with long lost friends on here?

Through another couple on here I met another couple who although we did not know each other, know ALL the same people and were at most of the same parties in the day. So when we met it was like we were old friends and it's been that way ever since.

Anybody else have some reunion stories?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I knew outnfree briefly in the mid-70's. However I knew her sister very well as my parents conducted a study with her.

Outnfree and I have not met up in person but I think she has run into my mom a time or two as mom.

-Aude.

• misguided
    misguided

for me...it was finding Orbison. We went to the same cong. from around 1986-1992. Cheers, Wendy!

And if your out there Wendy...we will be atteinding a wedding on the 30th in Abbotsford. I'm bringing 4 of the kids and myself down to the coast on the 28th to the 1st for the wedding and the PNE. as well.

• Emma
    Emma

I've met old friends here, too. This site has been a real gift. Thank you Simon.

Emma

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wow that's almost a movie! Congrats I wish I had A friend!!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yup..me too...Terry...it's been great..yes sir, thanks indeed Simon...

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I met someone I hadn't seen for about 16 years when I recognised the car in a posters avatar!

I was also apporached by the a poster who turned out to be the brother of my old best JW friend.

At our mini apostafest last weekend I met someone who is a friend of Dagney's who stayed with a couple when they attended Twickenham DC. The sister turns out to be my mum's best friend. Little does she know she hosted an apostate in the making LOL.

And all in the space of one year.

Simon has given us a lot to be thankful for.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

That is so great! I keep hoping that someone will make contact with me. I find it hard to believe that out of the hundreds of witnesses that I knew...no one so far has stepped up to the plate. I have not lost hope though. This post consitutes number 300!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit