Mistakes Admitted by WTS?

by Marvin Shilmer 35 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I had always known that the WTS had taught that the superior authorities were Jesus and God before 1962. What I didn't know until about 5 years ago that before 1929, the WTS had taught that the secular authorities were the "superior authorities" of Romans 13.

Several other teachings flip flop or do a 180 degree turn and back again: such as whether the people of Sodom and Gomorrah would be resurrected.

The WTS has buried the fact that these 360 degree changes have been made and because they happened over a long period of time and were hidden in out of date WT publications, few JWs were aware.

The "light gets brighter" could be applied to situations where just one change occurred, but how can it be applied to situations where they change then go back to the original teaching?

Because the WTS claims to speak for God, and what they said was wrong, 2 situations occur in their mind, either they were wrong or God was wrong. And if they were wrong, they are not getting their information from God because God cannot be wrong.

Well, just my blabbering.

Blondie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..Well blabbered!..LOL!!..I have no idea why the R/F JW continually buys the new light arguement...OUTLAW

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

*** yb80 pp. 30-31 1980 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

A fine point made in the talk “Choosing the Best Way of Life” was that Jehovah God will save us from stumbling—even as he did David in the case of Nabal’s insolence—but we must do our part. The brothers also appreciated the candor of this same talk, which acknowledged the Society’s responsibility for some of the disappointment a number felt regarding 1975.

• skyking
    skyking

A local Elder told me that the body of Elders were instructed to not give my dad and I an apology after they found out the NGO deal was true from the C.O. For those that do not know my dad was DF'd because he told others in the congregation about the NGO's and put me on reproof for the same thing. This Elder said they were referred to an article in the Watchtower in the 50's that said Jehovah's Organization never apologizes because to apologizes shows weakness and Jehovah is not weak. I looked up the article and it did say that in so many words that is. The few times I have talked to one of the ELders I have brought up the article and tell them they still need to apologize to my dad and I this would go along way with my dad.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The wts does not neet to admit that they make any mistakes because according to wts teaching they are providing food at the proper time and the light gets brighter and brighter regarding wts understanding of scripture.

Adding the words at the end of my previous post. YEAH RIGHT! might explain what I meant.

My favorite movie all time is "THe Good, the bad, and the ugly" I could not help myself to post one of tuco's line to blondie in the movie. I am familiar with blondies wt studies and they are an important contribution to this site in my opinion.

When reading Marvin's recent topic about Jc preparations and a poster's recognition of the usefulness of MS posts I just had to read evertrhing that MS had to post and I did. I also wanted to resurrect some of his old post which I liked. Lots of bites!

Outlaw, you are the best! THis forum would not be the same without you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Fisherman..I like having some fun with my boardmates..Teased you abit on another thread too..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit