I an't going nowhere

by RollerDave 23 Replies latest jw friends

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I'll still be here, living on the side of a bluff by the Mighty Mississip'.

I'll still be grilling steaks and drinking beer in the warm sun.

I'll be driving my apostatruck, toting my shooting iron, spooking the herd, warming the globe. I'll still be unapologetically christian, conservative, straight, and quite barking mad. I'll still be conviced that America is a great country and that as bad as McCain is, I'll hold my nose and vote 'for him' to keep Obama out.

Nothing really changes, and tho we won't have this common meeting place, that doesn't change who I am and where I am.

Even tho, I believe I am a better person thanks, in part, to JWD and I thank Simon and you all for that.

you all know who I am, and what I stand for. You all know how I write, and some of you know that I sound exactly like that in person.

I really didn't fit in with the cliques here, popularity threads passed me over, my birthday was never the subject of a post nor was and advancement of ranking due to post numbers.

That's ok, I get by fine.

I am a Theist,and atheism abounded here. I am a conservative, and liberalism abounded here. I am a straight who does not wish to deal with homosexuality, neither to approve, nor to bash, but the gay talk here certainly abounded.

I got by, I posted if I felt I had anything to say that wasn't already being said, but mostly just read all I wanted to.

I just found that I didn't care to argue, so I declined to take part in controversy. I can agree to disagree. One thing I did NOT do is go on other boards and trash this one or trash Simon. And you won't see me doing that in the future either, I don't give life to the WTS bogeyman of the 'hate driven apostate' like some sadly have done.

Chemistry is a funny thing, it happens or it don't. We all just want to find someone like us, someone with whom we click. I'm still looking, and will still be looking when Simon pulls the curtains on this little corner of the net.

I've talked to a few on here, there have been some good connections. I have a lot to offer as a friend and am always willing to extend myself, but sometimes that's not enough.

Sometimes it just doesn't click.

Now, I have spoken to some on the phone, I liked that a lot but I lost my entire cel phone address book a while back, if I haven't called some of you, it is because I only have SOME numbers.

May I remind you phones work both ways?

So, in light of the imminent demise of JWD, please allow me to invite any and all who wish to try connecting with me or reconnecting to PM me any contact info you wish to share.

I can also be reached via e-mail at my username followed by gmail dot com.

On AIM i am rollerdavem. I occasionally use a webcam so that can be fun and/or funny

Any who want to keep in contact or give it a go before the lights go out, say 'hey', drop a pm, and email, whatever.

Any final insults or abuse the usual gang of morons want to heap on would certainly make losing this place easier to bear, so whatever you want to say to me, get to it. I got thick skin.

In any case, just say SOMETHING!

here's hoping,

RD (of the 'still here larger than life' sheep class)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

+1

I will miss some of this...........

Jeff

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well RollerDave I have to say I feel much the same way as you do ....I (except maybe the McCain thing !)

I never fit into cliques much either , but the great thing about this board was there was always someone else to relate to , some shared jw experience lifestory .

I am so glad JWD existed at the time i needed it most . I only hope newbies exiting now will find some similar place to relate and vent to .

My hope is at least the archives will be here for a while and exjws will benefit from all the great advice and research .

I doubt if I will be going any where else .

I would like to stay in contact with a few so I will send you my email ......

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good to know you'll be there, Dave!

Your writing has been much appreciated by many here. Wit and good humor crosses social and political boundaries.

I'll probably be moving on to the Yuku ex-JW board, just to have a place to hang. It seems friendly over there.

Later,

• flipper
    flipper

ROLLER DAVE - You the man ! I'll still be chasing Bigfoot out here in the California woods myself ! I ain't going anywhere either ! Just might hook into another " quality " ex-JW site to help others exiting the mind control cult though ! Peace to you buddy ! I still have your phone number- I'll call real soon ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

yeah, I signed on to that yuku thing too. man, this is really a kick in the balls. I don't blame Simon, in fact I am grateful he kept it going as long as he did, but it doesn't make it any easier, does it. RD

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

AWESOME, Mr Flipper,

Look fwd to hearing from you.

RD (of the 'maybe I can make 1000 posts before JWD sinks' sheep class)

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Actually, for any that wonder, I didn't wind up on yuku.

I wound up at mama6's board

http://www.jwsupportforum.com

No virii of any kind, been having a blast, posting and modding.

I still read here, but JWS is really hopping, so I hang there more.

Maybe I'll see ya there!

RD

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Salute to a real-ass @$$%@

• rebel8
    rebel8

"Any final insults or abuse the usual gang of morons want to heap on would certainly make losing this place easier to bear, so whatever you want to say to me, get to it."

Despite differing from you in several fundamental ways I cannot conceive of any insults to ease your grieving process, sorry.

As to the popularity stuff, it is pretty similar to other boards. The best way to become popular is to post a lot, disclose stuff that makes you have something in common with others, never insult, use a lot of emoticons and exclamation points, and post photos of your cleavage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit