Tell Simon why we want JWD to stay... our apprecaition...

by burningbridges 38 Replies latest forum announcements

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Ok, I'll start, maybe if we can all tell Simon our reason why this site means so much to us he will reconsider and leave it here.

This site has given me the courage to speak out. I used to be ashamed of my history with the witnesses. Honestly, I was embarassed. I have learned here that there are so many others just like me that have been through what I have.

I have learned that I am justified in my thoughts and actions. Not only did I dissasociate for my personal reasons at the time, but this site has helped me to uncover so much more about the organization that I never knew about before and has helped me to sollidify my stand that I took. That means a lot to me because I have to deal with shunning daily in my life and the support and encouragement I receive here helps me to continue to hole my head high.

I get moral support and encouragment from others that are going through divorce/ custody battles with JW's in the past or currently and excellent advice that I could never get anywhere else. The knowledge that I have gained here has helped me imenslessly, I shudder to think of the assistance I will lose by the dismantleling of this site.

Please Simon, take the time to read what this site means to us, maybe you underestimate the power of this site. Dont let a few bad apples ruin the goodness that the majority brings!!!

Brooke

• White Dove
    White Dove

Please leave the site up! It's helping me to get my dad out. I'm in the process right now and need and use this site for advice on how to proceed.

I can't thank you enough for keeping the site going for as long as you have, but couldn't you just put off the execution another year at least?

Also, this has a very nice collection of new friends that will scatter when the site goes down.

I don't want to lose them.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Definetely the friends, there have been so many people i now email and pm that i never would have met otherwise... and i too an using this site to try and help others "out"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

You save lives, Simon. The site being shut down will cause some very huge, sudden grief for some people. I hope you will at least allow plenty of time for everyone to get used to the idea and to exchange info.

• kzjw
    kzjw

You can't deny the power that JWD wields in helping others, not just jw's but UBM's like me...JWD is the reason I'm not experiencing a nasty divorce and why I realize that the things my wife believes are not her fault. Simon, I again emplore you to take your time, and consider a way to make this work. I know you carry a heavy load, but never forget that Jesus is carrying you...and the rest of us!

• isaacaustin
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Simon

Is there any alternative to shutting down this site. I have really come to enjoy this.

• seeking help
    seeking help

I am at the start of a long and complicated journey. I need the help and encouragement of this board !!

I have no road map now. I don't know any of you guys,but, please I'm begging you.. keep this site up and the board running.

• only me
    only me

I'm fairly new here and haven't gotten up the nerve to say much but I really want to say how much everyone here has helped me. I have learned a lot from everyone and I honestly feel that being here has helped my marriage to a JW. Many times I have turned here to get answers to tough qestions and there are many more questions that you taught me to ask.

Count me among the people who use this site to help get others out.

Thank you for everything, please reconsider.

• TopHat
    TopHat

JWD is a Library of information for a any JW or ex JW who needs answers to questions about the Watchtower that he cannot get anywhere else. This web site is bigger than Simon. BUT I do understand his frustration with some unruly posters. Simon needs a break.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit