Noah's Ark a full time building project, so where did Noah get his food?

by VM44 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

I saw the tv program on Richard. Very interesting...he stayed single all his life.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    I saw the tv program on Richard. Very interesting...he stayed single all his life.

Yes, indeed. Richard worked as a carpenter for the US Navy during WW2, contracted rheumatic fever, and was bedridden for six months. After recovering, he drove himself to perform in peak condition. When he left the Navy, he worked as a diesel mechanic, a heavy equipment operator, and a commercial salmon fisherman among other things before the call of the wilderness lured him to better things. That didn't leave any time for settling down, apparently. BA- I may do something similar someday

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Of course the "sisters" provided meals, washed clothes, cleaned up the animal excrement,
    cleaned the house.

They probably got a break on gathering firewood. They used what the "brothers" had laying
    around as scraps.

These were manly men. They worked hard for 12 to 16 hours a day, so of course the women
    folk were expected to work like their slaves for 18 to 20 hours a day. That's the way the
    people of the Bible did things.

Or some men wrote the whole story and the men did not work that hard for all those years,
    but their women still did all that while the men wrote the story.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Never heard of that documentary before and i love documentaries. Thx

I had no idea the timbers they used were near by thats why i'm on this sight to learn as well as ask questions. Thx everyone

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I don't know if anyone downloads torrent files here but here is where the torrent is for the documentary. thx

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/25717402/alone+in+the+wilderness?tab=summary

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    You obviously never heard of Richard Proeneke.

Interesting conclusion. A guy in Alaska built a cabin, therefore the story of Noah's ark must be true.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Interesting conclusion. A guy in Alaska built a cabin, therefore the story of Noah's ark must be true.

Interesting conclusion. An anonymous poster on the internet won't take the time to fill in the blanks, so therefore he continues to dwell in smallmindedness.

If you are capable of it, think, then, ask questions if you don't understand the conclusion. That is, if you are capable of thinking.

BA- There's none so blind as those who will not see.

PS- Compare 3 months, one person, to up to 100 years, 8 people. If you don't get it now, you should get a tattoo on your forehead: MY NAME IS JEFFRO, MY IQ < 70, It will let the world know everything they need to know about you.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Brother Apostate:

Compare 3 months, one person, to up to 100 years, 8 people. [Arrogant drivel]

The reason the conclusion is flawed is that it merely suggests that such a thing might be able to be done, not that it actually happened.

P.S. Did our Alaskan friend collect a lot of animals as a hobby as well?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    ...suggests that such a thing might be able to be done...

My point exactly. It is certainly possible. Much to the chagrin of Bible-bashers everywhere.

The animal storage and gathering has already been covered on other threads.

It was possible as well.

Ditto to the Bible-bashers.

BA- Believer.

PS- "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - William Shakespeare, "Hamlet"

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    It is certainly possible.

Well, it might be possible for 8 people in 100 years to build a particular structure. The fact that there is no evidence of people living for hundreds of years (at that point in history they would be lucky to reach 30), that collecting all of the animals is not physically possible with many issues countless to mention, that food could not be collected during the entire 100 years but only near the end or it would have rotted away, that the pressure of the alleged 'waters above' would have made human life impossible and other reasons pose insurmountable problems that invalidate any attempt at justifying the story by pointing to feats achieved by non-superhuman means.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit