Parental FAILURE.

by easyreader1970 20 Replies latest jw friends

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

One thing I really hate.

The WBTS basically says that if your child does not grow up a productive members of Jehovah's Witnesses, in spite of everything else they may be capable of achieving, you FAIL as a parent.

This bothers me. Your child can have a satisfying career (with or without a degree), a happy family (married or unmarried), and decent kids themselves. But if they are not somehow benefiting the WBTS by pioneering, working at Bethel, or in some other form of service (elder, ministerial servant, missionary), you FAIL. Plain and simple.

I hate that. The sad thing is that this sort of thinking is working for them in many cases.

er

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Guilt and shame are the WTS's best tools. Guilt brings you back to the meetings. Guilt gets your hours up. Guilt never lets you feel good. Anything that encourages guilt is good for business.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It's all about blame blame blame. I grew up in a household that asked who did this and who did that. I feel that it doesn't matter who did what as long as it gets cleaned up and avoided in the future. I say to my kids that someone left the kitchen in a mess and to please clean it up. I usually don't name names for blame. The person who did it usually gets up and cleans it up.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I sorta got off topic, but the idea is that blame benefits no one. I avoid churches that stress sin and blame.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife's parents always sent her on a guilt trip when she talked to them....sometimes she would get wt interested, sometimes just extremely irritable, not really sure which was worse?

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

My two brothers that are still Jehovah's Witnesses are both losers. Me and the other three aren't witnesses. Out of the four of us non-witnesses, only one is a loser. So... We've got every JW kid a loser, and 3 out of 4 non-JW kids non-losers. I wonder how my dad adds that up? Who's he more proud of? Who cares. Only a loser worries about stuff like that! LOL

• yknot
    yknot

It is shifting to.....

Proof of Satan's upping his game cuz de end is soooo near!

As highlighted in the 04-15 WT, "Marriage & Parenthood in This Time of the End", pg 20 para 14-15

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Oh, I'm a terrible, horrible, sinful, ungrateful, hateful, disrespectful, selfish, disappointment, donchaknow!

You'd think they'd be overjoyed that I didn't take drugs, didn't get pregnant or sleep around, and didn't party. In fact, most parents would give their eye teeth for offspring like that.

But no. I'm the worst person in the world because I chose to go to college and work full time instead of putting "the truth" first in my life.

At 38 years of age, they still behave this way towards me.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

my mother had the biggest guilt trips after talks about 'good parents whose children grew up to be perfect lil' witnesses' and back then befor my mom even knew I was gay or anything it was just known that I might not be a witness and she would snap!

Like on the car rides home she would just go on about "Go into Satan's wicked system and see if I care! You will be destroyed and i will be living forever and I will have more kids! yada yadda ya!" My sister and I would look at her like she was insane....

But I guess I understand her fears... just that they are unfound so. *shrugs*

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm trying to start ripping away at that with my parents. We were all dunked, but my siblings are doing nothing, non-believing, or doing little, somewhat-believing. I'm the only one that really did anything and now have found out it's a lie and a cult. As they see that I'm moving away, the parents are freaking sometimes. However, I keep chipping at many failures of "the Society" that are able to get them out of cult-mode even occasionally.

Although the parents are uncomfortable with some of the things I've been saying and doing, I know they have to respect me for being fully informed about what I say. It's hard for them to disagree when I have the facts in my hand about pedophiles and false prophecy.

Us siblings get along better now than ever before. I think we probably should work together more... if you know what I mean.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit