Another stupid book study....

by Ex-smoker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    And this new book talks about how we can apply what the 12 minor prophets wrote to are everyday lives. Basicaly a j-dub code of conduct. Just plain stupid.

It's bizarre how this book explains that, here's the quote (anyone eating while reading, please stop or you might barf a little) :

*** jd chap. 1 p. 12 par. 17 Jehovah’s Messages for Then and Now ***

Neither is the approach that of a verse-by-verse analysis. Rather, the focus is primarily on information in these books that we can apply in our daily life. Ask yourself: ‘In these 12 books, what useful advice or divine counsel does Jehovah provide for me? How can these books help me to "live with soundness of mind and righteousness and godly devotion amid this present system of things"? What do they tell me about Christian living, morality, family life, and attitudes in these critical days, since "the day of Jehovah is coming, for it is near"?’

Actually, it's not a verse-by-verse analysis because the last Isaiah books' verse-by-verse was actually worse-by-worse, what a bore. With the minor prophets, much of the text is so bizarre that they couldn't explain it verse-by-verse. "Useful advice or divine counsel", not likely. Nothing like stretching material for a 45 min. Botchtower study to fill an entire book. Sorry, I gotta go find an airsick bag now.

B the X

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The Revelation book? They still study that? That has to be one of the worst books written by .......oh yea no claims by any authors

• chellechelle
    chellechelle

everyone is sleeping with their eyes open. Its almsot as if they pay a couple people to answer and the rest are just to scared to not come

• Darklighter
    Darklighter
    Actually, it's not a verse-by-verse analysis because the last Isaiah books' verse-by-verse was actually worse-by-worse, what a bore. With the minor prophets, much of the text is so bizarre that they couldn't explain it verse-by-verse. "Useful advice or divine counsel", not likely. Nothing like stretching material for a 45 min. Botchtower study to fill an entire book. Sorry, I gotta go find an airsick bag now.

Well, much of the text in the minor prophets is extremely grotesque. It's all about whores, adultry, and mindless destruction. Not to mention the endless threats of violence that they describe Jehovah (The Happy God!) as metting out upon the unrighteous.

I wonder if they'll discuss this vs.:

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." (Hosea 13:16 NIV)

Oh, Joy of joys! Nothing like a threat of child-slaughter and forced abortion to draw us closer to our loving heavenly father.

EDIT: They still don't get the Biblical stupidity of dogmaticly insisting imitation of the lives of those who lived under law to those who are not under law (Christians).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I wonder how long until they out law Bluetooth's in the kingdumb hall?

Bluetooth sounds kind of demonistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit