Another stupid book study....

by Ex-smoker 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

Recently i havnt been minding the meetings so much cause i have a new phone and a bluetooth headset. It gives me the ability to listen to music and no ones the wiser. Meetings go by really fast now. Tonight i was at the book study and i looked around and couldnt but help to see the empty faces on everyone, almost like the have no soul. For those that dont know were reading a new book called live with jehovahs day in mind. While the information was wrong the revelation book, the knowledge book, and the greatest man book were intelligently written. This new book and the bible teach book are alot more dumbed down. And this new book talks about how we can apply what the 12 minor prophets wrote to are everyday lives. Basicaly a j-dub code of conduct. Just plain stupid. Smoker Out

• chickpea
    chickpea

if you are ever called on to close the meeting with prayer,
    try to remember not to thank jah for the blue tooth technology........

• choosing life
    choosing life

I didn't know they had moved on from the revelation anti-climax book. I absolutely hated that one. The Bible teach book was for morons, you're right. don't know the new one about minor prophets.

I can't believe you listen to music during the study. I had to find other ways to amuse myself when I suffered through meetings.

• dawg
    dawg

You're a young man, probably good looking like I was... get out man, get out while you can! I mean it man! Why are you there, pray tell?

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

there to please my folks once i move out im am so out of the cult. Great part is im not baptized so no disfellowshipping for me.

• dawg
    dawg

Man, take my word... get away from these nuts... I'm glad to hear you already know better as you have stated....

Are you dealing with the changes you're about to make ok?

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

Im just with my parents temperaly i moved out when back in 03 but i had some troubles so i had to move back last year. My and my girlfriend(also with her folks not j-dub) r both 24 and were planing on getting are own place, she means the world to me and im supprised my folks r cool with us dating

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I think you would do MUCH better taking a class or two at a community college then spending time at JW meetings.

If you cannot miss meetings, give serious consideration to taking classes anyway. It will do you a world of good.

-Aude.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I strongly recommend missing as many of those wastefests as you can. The material is dumbed down (as you could see), leading to no stimulation. In short, the more you get into the religion, the more stagnant you are going to become.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Get away from these crack pots... I understand "doing it for the family", but seriously enroll at a college, move out, get a little job on the side. Enjoy yourself, the world is still in front of you. Eventually though you have to say: I am my own man, I will only do things that I believe in, not just to save face in front of family. I faded away at 21, went back at 23, then was DF'd at 25, when I wrote a letter basically disassociating myself. I've told my family, when they ask, that I just want no part of that religion in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit