I like watching death.............

by zeroday 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Fadeout
    Fadeout
    zeroday: I love death videos....just google death videos...they are aplenty...I believe they are my final exit in some way...many have died and I will also but they have already died and I am alive....don't bother I know I am sick............
    SAG: Maybe I took that out of context?

Only the original poster could say for sure, but, yes, I suspect you took it out of context. There are several posters who commented in agreement with the initial post, supporting the idea that this morbid curiosity is not an actual desire that people get hurt and killed, but more of a philisophical view that watching someone's final moments can cause us to reflect on life and death, including our own, in a way that is not otherwise possible. I suppose it's possible he means something far more sinister... but unless zero wants to clarify we're all left to speculate. In any case, I certainly don't think the insults we have seen hurled were justified.

• dawg
    dawg

Good post fadeout!

I'm sure almost all of us agree with your post.

• New light for you
    New light for you

ok, because i'm not a JW anymore, i'm openminded... so i googled it.

Its disturbing. i could feel my heart racing and became highly uncomfortable. I dont understand the supposed "obsession".

I also took care of my father while he died, watched it. I agree, it made me question things with the witnesses. made me filled with so many questions. when you watch someone die, there is this point of ... there actually seems to be no EXACT point of death.. WHO is to tell me when his brain cant process? when his ears cant hear? when he can no longer feel? its amazing to watch.. like you said.. peaceful to a point... when its traumatic beforehand. Left me feeling like our answer on "death" wasn't right. I have NO idea what might be correct, but i didn't believe the JW answer anymore.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I'm sure almost all of us agree with your post.

Dawg,

You don't speak for me, or anyone else for that matter.

I disagree in that I don't think that watching death videos is a normal or heathy way of dealing or coming to terms with one's own death. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think so. I for one don't need to see such things to realize that I'm gonna die. I suspect most would agree and few would "love" to see such things.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

um... ok. I think this is sick. I had friends in H.S who would rent the "faces of death" series and watch them at parties, their videos of people dying. ITS SICK (to me) I could not even stand to be in the same room.

• kls*
    kls*

You like watching death? ummmm, maybe you should get in the field as some of us are and see what we see. Not everyone dies peaceful nor does it leave a rescuers mind of the things they see.

People are just curious when coming on to a car accident? Yep their so curious that they now use their cell phones to take pics of the dead or severly injured and theres nothing we can do about because there are no laws preventing it. Makes for great family viewing.

Really, ride with your local EMS and watch death first hand and see how much then you'll like to watch.

Regards kls

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I don't think that curiosity itself about death is sick, but yeah. I'd guess that most people who have witnessed actual death in person have no desire to see more of it, in videos or anywhere else. That is certainly true for myself. I'm still not sure what these "death videos" are exactly, and I don't want to know. Maybe Zeroday has never witnessed such himself in his own life, and so has had a curiosity about it; it is hard to know exactly from just the one post what he really means and feels about it. I would venture to say, though, that anyone who "loves" death has never had any genuine first-hand experience with it.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

When I was growing up I had always loved horror movies. Later I came to find out there are horror movies and there are Horror Movies. The bloody gore and violence attracted me. I enjoyed watching getting the shit scared out of me. From canabal holocaust to the european horror movies I enjoyed watching. The movie is NOT real but the Fear IS real.

But its not real. Reality is suffering. I cannot watch real suffering. I can and enjoy watching the bloodiest movies which all have a death theme. But its only a genre. The children who suffer from poverty and hunger on channel 3 on Saturday morning are too gut wrentching for me to watch. Thats real. They wil die if they dont get help.

Faces of Death and other videos showing car accidents and people being shovelled off the highway is Real . I have watched it but it hits way to close to home. THAT could be me. Having said that, there is something I have always had a morbid curiosity about and will watch every time its on and that is ppl getting slaugtered by a bull in the riding of the bulls. Yes its real but there are so many doing it that I HAVE to watch and see what happens even though i already know the bull is going to gore the guy to death. Sick and twisted and fun to watch for sure. If my son was hurt by a bull it would change everthing . I am sure I would no longer get any kick out of watching such an event. In fact im sure it would repulse me. If a family member was killed in a car accident, the next time I drove by an accident I am sure I would be watching to see if I could render a hand to help instead of gazing at where the bodies are at.

I think the human condition is to be curious about most things and to learn and if we are affected detrimentally by an event we change our thinking. I dont fault you for your curiosity. I think the more I watched the goriest movies the more I wanted to find the scariest goriest movie so i could BOAST that i sat through it.Most ppl dont want to experience HORROR they want to experience pleasant feelings. So they dont watch horror movies. But i have alway felt that watching a guy in a mask chase you with a knife is prolly the same as if it was in real life and if i had to chose between a boring movie and say Halloween part 1 , i ll chose the horror. Does this make us disturbed?

Probably a little.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

In high school we had to watch a movie of car wrecks. Of course they didn't actually show any dead people, but some shots of blood and some people covered over with sheets. I fainted right out in the floor.

I try not to put images in my mind that I already know I will find disturbing.

lisa

• justhuman
    justhuman

it is sooooooo sick...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit