Shorter meetings for field service

by hoser 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

March kingdom ministry insert is about how the field service meetings will be shortened from 10 to 15 minutes down to 5 to 7 minutes.

They want the publishers to report more hours.

In my experience the problem isn't the length of the meeting for service but pioneers and publishers dogging it after the service arrangement.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    If field service was made optional for JW's, monthly reports are abolished, & the pioneer titles discontinued, I wonder how many would turn up... ;)
  • Kanon
    Kanon
    People are gonna need to make some major life adjustments now, seeing as 90% of the group would arrive at the 15 minute mark.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    How much instruction does one need for shoving a tract about a website into some householders hand, and then running away before they have a chance to ask a question??
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

but pioneers and publishers dogging it after the service arrangement.

ha ha ha---dogging has another meaning here in the UK

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Those carts won't push themselves. Or will they?....
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You guys have the wrong outlook. Let me "re-adjust" your thinking.

By cutting the meeting for field serve-us in half, the pioneers have 50% more coffee break time. This new arrangement will have zero affect on hours reported. They will be fudged as usual and the preaching will continue to "expand", even if growth is non-existent.

DD

• hoser
    hoser

ha ha ha---dogging has another meaning here in the UK

it does in canada too. The shop talk for being lazy might be offensive to some

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Sheesh, a five to seven minute "meeting" means only two minutes max. when they always start five minutes late anyway.

The good thing though will be that it gives more time to congregate around the water cooler before shuffling out the door.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

"If field service was made optional for JW's, monthly reports are abolished, & the pioneer titles discontinued, I wonder how many would turn up... "

this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit