Your thoughts on Wicca?

by Texman55 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Texman55
    Texman55

Somebody who's become a friend is an ex catholic....pretty knowledgeable on all the mainstream christian doctrines and history etc....now into Wicca beliefs....not a actual member, but in tune with the ideas....mediation, incense, being close to the earth yada yada. Not real wound up with it, not pushing it on me.....and theres no way I would ever go there.....just not my style, and think I am over any organized religion at this point.

A good friend, good person.....he cant really explain why he's into all that except it feels good....but I'm a little uncomfortable.....sad to say I think it's a holdover from the JW fear and loathing of anything remotely "demonic"......I'm a good researcher, and in 15-20 minutes on the internet I know I could dig up all the lowdown on Wicca beliefs/practices/history etc.....and I know without looking it up that its all just a made-up job like so many other groups we know.....but I hold back because I'm afraid if I knew more I'd feel really uncomfortable with my friend.....I know, I know that's so lame....lol

Just wondering if any of you have any experience with the Wicca thing, and what you think about all that.

• wobble
    wobble

Wicca makes very nice baskets.

Love

Wobble

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Its a very ritualistic religion from what i have heard.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think its a great site but you have to check your facts twice. Oh wait, you didn't mean Wikipedia did you? Oops. W.Once

• Maddie
    Maddie

Texman - Funny but there was a Wiccan celebration going on near where I was staying at the weekend. Apparently it was a "Lammas Festival" which is a bit like the Harvest Festival. They were dressed in some weird gear and all their stalls sold stuff to do with witchery - pentagons, magic, tarot cards etc. It all seemed very "dark" and demonic to me.

Maddie

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Wicca?Bunch of nutters dressing up in weird clothes and chanting nonsense.Same as all religion i suppose.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I remember years ago I think about 93 or 94 before wicca became trendy I was working at a place that a union was trying to get into. They had a meeting at one of a co-worker's place who worked on another shift, so I went to her place and there was a goat skull hanging on the wall, some books with pentagrams, and various other odd things; I thought I had walked into the den of satan! I got over my initial fear and stayed for the union meeting. She explained to me about how she was a witch, but she only practiced white magic. She seemed like a nice person.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Thers a few practising wiccas on here and i'm sure they'll be along shortly to add their piece.

As for the whole demon thing...

Assuming there are spirit creatures out there, we have been brought up to see things in black and white, either spirit creatures are angels or demons, either they are good or evil. Thats a very narrow minded view. The bible only mentions three types of spirit creatures seraphim, cherubim and Archangels but who's to say there aren't more, the bible doesn't mention koala bears but they exist so why shouldn't there be a whole host of other spirit creatures . Now what if these other spirit creatures aren't "good or evil" what if they're morally neutral? Open your mind a bit and start thinking outside the box

• yknot
    yknot

Most practioners in Texas live in the Killeen / Belton/ Temple area.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    "......I'm a good researcher, and in 15-20 minutes on the internet I know I could dig up all the lowdown on Wicca beliefs/practices/history etc.....and I know without looking it up that its all just a made-up job like so many other groups we know.

And in that same amount of time, you can also dig up the good.

If you practice true wicca, there is nothing demonizing about it. It's all about empowerment within yourself, and not harming nature, or anyone else.

There is good and bad to everything.

It has made me a better person.

cbb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit