What was said about Earth, Wind and Fire?

by Vachi 8 He Is 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I had always heard that EW&F's album covers looked "weird" with "elements of the supernatural."

Wow! Talk about flashbacks! I remember a PO talking about EW&F's album cover artwork and saying how that alone was proof of their "occult involvement."

I've heard the John Denver rumor too. My folks, along with their Dubbie friends, threw out their John Denver albums and boycotted anything connected with John Denver as a result of that rumor.

Then, there was the rumor of Alice Cooper believing he was a reincarnated witch hung during the Salem Witchcraft Trials, Heavy Metal bands demanding the crowd join them in worshipping Satan, Stevie Nicks was supposedly an admitted witch, and Disco music led to immorality, fornication and drug use, and of course, all that insidious backward masking that seemingly was going on.

**GASP** Even The Beatles were supposed to be doing backwards masking!

Do we want to go off topic about Dungeons and Dragons?

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Oh, it wasn't local.

It just wasn't official, either!

EW, and F are/were the shit. Believe it.

Go to YouTube, and search "New World Symphony Earth, Wind and Fire"

Let it play.

Soak it in.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Hahahahahahaha "baby making music!" Good one, Mrs. Jones!

I love that song. Maybe not for makin' babies, but certainly for kicking back!

• minimus
    minimus

There was a WT. article that showed the occultic signs from a EWF album. We had to get rid of the album cover, I did. But I kept the record.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oh Mrs Jones, thanks for the link. I'm trying to score a free turntable off a friend so I can play a 33 of Gratitude I just got from a swap meet.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Oh, they are occult, no doubt.

They have pyramids and ankhs all over the place.

Hell, the vid our girl MrsJones posted has that greatest hits cover with the
    eagle, which is a symbol, with the ankhs clutched in the talons. This is reminiscent of the US currency symbolism with the arrows instead of the ankh.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

It is are, and not were. 1969-present.

They are still doin' it!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth,_Wind_&_Fire

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Earth Wind & Fire asked all JWs to leave during a concert ...... I have heard this same story about John Denver and Don Ho.

Yes, John Denver died.

Don Ho died.

And I bet within the next 30 or 40 years, all the guys from Earth, Wind and Fire will be dead too.

Rub a Dub

• Girlie
    Girlie

I was going to do a post on this, but decided to search on here.

I believe the rumor stemmed from my neck of the woods (Washington, DC). From what I heard, EWF were known for their mysticism on stage. Supposedly, some friends were at a concert of theirs and whatever they were tryng to do on stage wasn't working. Then an announcement was made stating that if there were any Jehovah's Witnesses in the audience, that they need to leave.

From there along with some of their artwork on their covers, JW have issues, even to this day, with the band. One sister I mentioned this to claim that it is true and that she was there at the concert when it took place. Yeah, ok. Whatever...

I heard similar about John Denver as far as his hatred of JW.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

No, No, you have it all wrong. It was a competition thing. One of their songs started with the lyrics, "Do you remember, the very day of September?"

Well, think of it. What else begins with September? That's right, the new Service year. How dare EWF take that away. It's a copywright issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit