What was said about Earth, Wind and Fire?

by Vachi 8 He Is 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

I remember being in my dub uncles friends car when E,W & F came on and he goes "Don't let your unc know you heard this song". I didn't ask why at the time, but then some years later I hear again that dubs have something against E, W & F. (not that they don't have something against anyone who isn't one of them) but what went on between the two groups?

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I believe there was a JW rumor (AKA urban legend) that Earth Wind & Fire asked all JWs to leave during a concert, because their presence was interfering with their channeling of demons or some such. I have heard this same story about John Denver and Don Ho.

So yeah, take that for what it's worth LOL.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah John Denver kicked all the Witnesses out of his concert so Jehovah crashed his plane into a mountain....Almighty vengence! Grrrrrrrr....so I heard.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

No way, are you serious? And I bet dubs didn't even look into it and missed some good music because of course if it's not in their books then it was written by potential evil doers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never heard anything about Earth, Wind and Fire specifically. However, I have seen a washtowel article about 10/15/1983 that spoke out against disco and funk music in general. And Earth, Wind, and Fire is a funk group. Kool & the Gang is another.

As for dirty songs, Earth Wind and Fire did not have any especially bad ones. The songs that they did in 1975 were quite clean, as a matter of fact. The ones they did in 1976 and 1977 were slightly suggestive--one of them had a skit at the end about smelling something--and smelling something else. And Boogie Wonderland was a touch suggestive--nothing that the average thinking person could succumb to, however.

• processor
    processor
    John Denver kicked all the Witnesses out of his concert

AFAIK he wanted to play some patriotic song, maybe the National Anthem or something like that, and said: "If Jehovahs Witnesses are here, it would be a good time for them to go out and get something to drink".

I heard a similar story about Chris de Burgh, saying that he wanted to use magic to make a piano play by itself, but it didn't work. So he concluded that there must have been JWs among the audience, sent them out, and then it worked. But that urban legend seems to go back to the John Denver incident.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

EW&F and now Chris de Burgh added to this silly urban legend along wiht Denver and Ho. All completely untrue, it seems.

And Lady in Red was played at every JW dance I've ever attended!

S4

• Gopher
    Gopher

The rumor I'd heard about Earth, Wind and Fire was that strange, mystical things appeared to happen on stage during their concerts. Since you couldn't explain what it was, it had to be the DEEMINZ !! And you know no good JW would go to such a concert, or even have one of their tapes or records!!!

EWF music was a frequent feature of dance parties held by us young J-dubs in the late 70's and early 80's. We had our "Reasons".

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oh, they better not say anything about my EWF. AFAIK there is no injunction against the band. Must have been a local thing.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well the group does have some good baby making music - this song comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7WO0_wAJ4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit