Picketing

by MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ 42 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB

The topic of this thread is picketing, not being pro-active or countering media coverage. While these may make fine topics for other threads, they do not address the original question which was "Whatever happened to this long lost activity?"

I contend that picketing died out because it was less effective than other methods for making the target audience "think".

Please, focus!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I am on topic, I was explaining how to make picketing more effective.

As to the original question, picketers are still out there, just not as plentiful since the 1975 mess.

I picketed in 2004 and 2005

• AnneB
    AnneB

To make *picketing* more effective one would have to do something to enhance the picketing itself, not add media coverage or any external source of attention.

Now, if you are saying you want to make your thoughts visible to a larger audience or diversify your method of delivery, then media would be something to consider.

Picketing itself, as it's usually done, is rather limited.

• kool aid man06
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Keep up the good work Rick, sorry I missed the conference call yesterday.

• mouthy
    mouthy

contend that picketing died out because it was less effective than other methods for making the target audience "think".

Please, focus! YOU FOCUS on my reply

AnnB I see your still a JW eh? Let me tell a picketing experience ,Ever hear of David Reed ??? Read some of his great book, He came out because of the Picketers.... If you go to Pennsylvania you will meet people who came out from reading the pickters signs. The only reason I dont still do it AGE!!!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I just can't tear myself away from JWD long enough.

• Gayle
    Gayle

My style would be more like, first checking about local permits, renting an "LED" sign (maybe tying some helium happy face balloons, getting it on back of my son's truck, park in a strategic spot to target, put rolling messages like: JW FALSE PROPHESY, (under that scroll) freeminds.org or: JW CHILDREN: ALERT! then scroll down 'silentlambs.org' or "BLOOD FRACTIONS.......CONTRADICTIONS!,,,,,,then scroll 'ajwrb.com' etc. etc. etc.

I know they are commanded to not go on the Internet,,but I think many would look at a sign like that with catchy phrases and memorable simple Internet sites versus on a small poster board and some would be inclined out of curiosity to check some sites..

Just an idea for the 21st century.

• AnneB
    AnneB
    "AnnB I see your still a JW eh? "

You don't see anything, that interpretation is in your own head.

"YOU FOCUS on my reply"

As the English so elequently say, naff off, lady! My comment was directed to a specific poster and it wasn't you.

That some people attribute their exit from JW's to picketing isn't the issue here; whatever happened to picketing *is*.

• BFD
    BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit