Picketing

by MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ 42 Replies latest jw friends

• MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ
    MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ

Whatever happened to this long lost activity? I can remember a time when you couldn't make it from the convention doors to your car without being approached by at least one glassy-eyed apostate holding a sign or thrusting a homemade tract under your nose. Ahhhh, those were the days...

• MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ
    MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ

I wonder if any of the 40 were the 2.3 that got baptized that day...

• mouthy
    mouthy

one glassy-eyed apostate holding a sign or thrusting a homemade tract under your nose. Ahhhh, those were the days

What a nerve you have calling us glassy eyes. I beg your pardon mate. I was one of the picketers ,No glassy eyes, no pamplets just a sign to tell you to think!!!!! So glad to see you read the sign & is NOW thinking, Guess our job accomplished what we set out to do..

Grace Gough..

• BFD
    BFD

Granny, I love the story you told here once about how Uzzah tried to strong arm you away from picketing at Bethel!

And now he posts here, too! LOL

I'm sure you reached a lot more people than you know.

Love you!

BFD

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Picketing works. Look at what Anonymous has done with the Church of Hubbardology.

I would love to organize a picket of King-dumb Hells, and see what happens.

• AnneB
    AnneB
    "...just a sign to tell you to think!..."

IMO, picketing isn't popular because it only tells what the picketer is thinking, it doesn't really affect the thinking of the target audience. "Good" JW's close their minds, if not also their eyes, to "apostate" messages on picket signs and mentally compare the picketers to the demonic forces who oppose their God and his purposes.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    IMO, picketing isn't popular because it only tells what the picketer is thinking, it doesn't really affect the thinking of the target audience. "Good" JW's close their minds, if not also their eyes, to "apostate" messages on picket signs and mentally compare the picketers to the demonic forces who oppose their God and his purposes.

Picketing is not to inform the target of your picket, but rather to inform thosethat pass by of the issues the picketers have with the location they are picketing. This is what has made Anonymous' pickets of the Churchof Hubbardology so effective.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Is picketing really effective?

When I was in we were always told to completly ignore picketers not even to look at them. I never looked at their boards or paid them any attention and no one i knew did either. They might as well have been invisable.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Strangely picketing worked for me, when watching the evangelical groups doing their bit at Twickenham , I often just would ridicule them always thinking that the true faith would always suffer persecution! But one year a leaflet was placed in my hand and I read it! The rest is history , good work Reachout Trust!

• AnneB
    AnneB
    "... year a leaflet was placed in my hand and I read it..."

So it wasn't the picketing that did it at all, was it? It was reading the leaflet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit