Reading Steve Hassan's Book. WOW!

by White Dove 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hassan's book is helping me so much in letting go and not being affraid of being found out by the JW's here in "Greenland."

What amazing information about how the JW's compare to other high control groups and cults.

He hasn't even mentioned the JW's, so far.

It is helping me so much in gaining my confidence and not worrying about what JW's preach about the end of the world, and such.

I love this book!

• flipper
    flipper

WHITE DOVE- This book, " Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Hassan was a bigger help to me than even Ray Franz's book " Crisis of Conscience". Because it helped me to see that anybody can be duped into " cult mind control". It doesn't have anything to do with how smart or stupid we are - many brilliant people have been deceived into giving allegiance to cults - because of the tricky language and terms they use. Cults promise the moon, sun, and stars and falsely make people believe THEY are the only answer ! Just like the witnesses ! Now I know how to recognize mind control, and hopefully will help my adult witness daughters someday get out of that cult

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Its the best book I just read also....it does not mention jw's...but the similarities are there as you keep reading. I know I feel at

complete peace now.

Its a great read, enjoy.

h40

• justified
    justified

I read it too, in fact used it for my disassociation letter. I listed every aspect of a cult that Hassan mentions in his book and put next to it how the Witnesses have used such a tactic. They meet every one in some way.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

This was one of the first books I read on the way out. I followed the instructions and hilighted the portions that applied to MY high control group. Afterwards I was shocked to see how much had been hilighted.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    WHITE DOVE- This book, " Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Hassan was a bigger help to me than even Ray Franz's book " Crisis of Conscience". Because it helped me to see that anybody can be duped into " cult mind control".

An excellent book for recovering or current JW's. They could actually read this and not be
    violating any WTS commands- it is not from a former member, it is not about JW's.

Hell, they claim they are not a cult so this should be good for them to read because it
    doesn't apply to them (according to them). But the average JW is afraid of such a book
    because they know it actually does apply.

CCMC showed me how JW's are not so different from Moonies or other cults. I totally
    related to the facts even though they were not about JW's.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's a great book. I intend to ask my husband to read it.

• gloobster
    gloobster

I just got the book the other day. I'm going to start reading it as soon as I'm through reading the appendix to Crisis of Conscience

Am quite looking forward to it.

• garybuss
  • Texman55
    Texman55

Aw, way to go, friggin LOVE the picture of the GB at work, gary! it had actually crossed my mind to find and post something like that on this board....you beat me to the punch man.

Only thing is....with the camera angle and all....i can't tell if the FDS is receiving angelic instructions....or transmitting them to the Writing Dept. what do you think bud?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit