Most JW's Really Hate Going to the Conventions/Assemblies. Some Admit It.

by OnTheWayOut 29 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- I really hated going to any assemblies- district or circuit assemblies ; as it was SO hard taking small children there when my 3 kids were young ! It was almost like torture for them to sit there for 3 hours in the morning and 3 to 4 hours in the afternoons ! I mean - it was hard on me ! My butt cheeks would fall asleep and start aching all afternoon ! So I can only imagine how hard it was on the children ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I dreaded them. They were expensive and wore me competely out. But I did like seeing friends and having lunch or dinner with them. I also hoped some new light would offer hope or understanding. The new releases and drama were about all I really looked forward to. I started missing conventions when I got married to my second husband. Miss the first one and then it's easy to take all future ones a little less seriously. I by no means missed all of the ones after that, but I missed a lot. I had a chronic illness and at times it just wasn't going to let me attend.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Snakes: and yeah..she couldnt tell me anything about the program...

So true. My wife and I went to dinner on Friday night and she asked what I did all day.
    I told her all the things I did, then I asked "What did you learn today?"

"There's a volume 2 to the YOUNG PEOPLE ASK BOOK and I caught up with Sister
    XXX and YYY."

"But what did you actually learn from the talks, besides the fact that there is a new book?"

"I will have to check my notes."

"So nothing stands out as learned information?"

"No, just good reminders."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Excellent stories and comments by all. Thanks all for the great thread responses.

• hot mama
  • SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

The only thing assembly's are good for is picking up Hot men or actually Geeks!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Assemblys

• hot mama
    hot mama

I can't believe that so many of you are stating the very feelings I have had for years about the conventions. They were so boring!!! I always dreaded them to the point of pretending to be sick to get out of going. It was sheer torture for the kids to have to sit still all day long. I think that is boardering on child abuse. I really can't think of anything I did enjoy except for the final prayer on Sunday and I could go home!Thank goodness I don't have to do that ever again.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Assemblies were horrible! The food SUCKED - we went out for lunch (heavy demonism, I know).

The drama SUCKED! I do mean completely and utterly SUCKED!

Everyone walking around in circles, trying to pick up chicks... uuugh. What a stupid way to pick up women.

Hot, bored, uncomfortable, and wasted by Sunday.

I try not to say never.... but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER go to another assembly as long as I live. To those that still go, you have my sympathy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    .... but I will NEVER, EVER, EVER go to another assembly as long as I live

I have walked into the KH on a few occasions since fading away.
    I went to a couple of weddings and I went to the last memorial.
    (You could read a thread of mine on why I did that.)

I have dropped the wife off at the Convention and the Circuit assembly.
    I will not go in. The only exception would be to help someone else get out.
    And then I would only go in casual clothes so everyone knows I ain't there
    for the shindig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwrUVhZMoA&feature=related

• shamus100
    shamus100

I hear you, on the way....

I went to a 'memorial' for a person that I had known - I drove a long ways to go there, and when I saw those cheap-suited dweebs filing in there with they're bibles and songbooks, I turned around and drove straight home. Just couldn't do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit