That Damn Nov. 22 '98 AWAKE!

by Dino 35 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I am the same way as you Mox.

I was able to get the materials page by changing the words around but that is it. I have even used the search button and not come up with anything.

I also want to see the connection too. I think (and only think okay) that when you click on the "source" area you notice a lot of names under the DPI section. I suspect the the Commissioner's Officer got this Awake document from DPI but we shall see.

That is why I have made an official request to see a copy of the document and any other letters that went with it.

hawk

• Dino
    Dino

Good question Moxy and Hawk.

I found the UN web system to be labyrinthine. I was looking for additional ways that the WT NGO partnership benefited and involved them in UN activities worldwide. My suspicion is that their association involves much more than Awake! articles. I am determined to unearth evidence of their more covert collusion. There are other people working on this as well. The NGO link is key and their involvement is cached in their ancillary networks.

Moxy, this was not the way I found it but try this link:

< http://www.un.org/aboutun/chart.html

This organization chart has clickable links on it.
    You will note that under the oversight of the UN's Secretariat is the DPI which is not clickable. So you can go to one of the functioning commissions under Economic and Social Council, the Commission on Human Rights. Then go to search on that page and type in "Watchtower".
    The results will come up on an Excite search engine.
    Might I stress that each principal organ of the UN probably has their own search capabilities.

When I saw that I almost wet my britches!

Perhaps you guys can research your questions in that manner. I wish you godspeed.

One tip. The UN has it's own glossary of terms, which are couched with their own agenda. Words like sustainability, governance, civil society, democracy, and reproductive rights. For example, reproductive rights to them means population control.
    Hope this helps Moxy and Hawk and I wish you success.
    Thanks to all who responded, and lets put this link out to our loved ones!!

Dino

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!!

• Dino
    Dino

Hawk, I know you are already on to this in ordering the copy of this material, but in obtaining this you will recognise immediately the changes (if any) the UN made to the Awake! article submitted by the WT. Cant wait to see even further evidence.

Dino

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I agree Dino, but please have some patience. It will take me a while to obtain it.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Dino,

Getting stuff at the UN is like pulling teeth. It took 15 phone calls but I finally found the contact person and recieved a response. Thus, my friend as of today I have a special message for you that I received as an Email:

Please note the following Email message which I received at 11:50 est this morning:

Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message of today.

A copy of the requested article will be sent to you next week at the postal address you indicated in your message.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions.

With best regards,
    Alexandre Girard
    Associate Project Officer
    Activities and Programmes Branch
    OHCHR

-------------------------------------------------------------

The above message was in response to the following Email I sent today:

November 30, 2001

OHCHR-UNOG
    8-14 Avenue de la Paix
    1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
    Telephone Number (41-22) 917-9000

Attention Ms. Suzanne Rodin, Librarian

Dear Ms. Rodin,

Regarding: Request for An Article from the Worldwide Collection of UDHR Materials

My name is xxxxxxxxxxx, I am a Canadian and I am conducting research into documents at your Switzerland location. A lady by the name of Amina at your liaison office (212-963-5931) in New York suggested I should contact you for my request.

I am attempting to locate a copy of an actual document in your collection that makes up part of the "Worldwide Collection of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights Materials" ( http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/index.htm) .

In the "article index" ( http://www.unhchr.ch/udhr/materials/articles.htm) I observed the following article:

TITLE
    A "Long Job Finished"

SOURCE
    Awake; 22 November 1998; p. 3-5; Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc., 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483, USA.

ANNOTATIONS/ COMMENTS
    Commemoration of the signing of the UDHR and the role of Eleanor Roosevelt

The document appears to be 3 pages in length. The document is not in any UN library including the UN's main library. I am aware I can get a copy of this document from the publisher but I am more interested in your copy for my research.

I am in the process of conducting research into this issue and this specific document. I am interested in the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights copy of this article and any letter/memorandum received by the Commissioner from the author and/or the source.

How do I go about getting a copy of this article from your organization and any accompanying letter that your organization received from the author/source?

I attempted to contact your organization a few days ago through the public Email system but no one responded to my request.

I look forward to your response. Cost for your search is not a problem

Yours truly,

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxx ext. xxxx
    facsimile xxxxxxxxxxxx

So hold on for a few weeks my friend.

hawk

p.s. Hey did you hear that??? Didn't you hear that?? That was members of the Governing Body who felt like they got kicked in the stones!!!

WE'RE ROLLING!!!!

• Dino
    Dino

Thanks again my friend.

After this is all over we will have to hook up.

Dino

• Dino
    Dino

Hey Hawk, one more thing. I have been navigating the UN website for hours now and I wanted to double-check something. I noticed that in the directory published in 1994, I believe, the WT was listed also in women's rights, and disarmament. I am thinking that would make them(as a NGO) not only under the jurisdiction of the DPI but also the ECOSOC. If so they HAVE to file a quadrennial report to the UN. The way that works is that if they were granted NGO status in 1992 then a report for the period of 1996-1999 would have to be filed in 2000. Is that true? If so, their work to the UN would be outlined in UN document E/C.2/2000/2Add1

Can you check it out? If this were true we could sink their battleship!

Thanks bud, Dino

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Dino,

Mad Apostate and I were through the ECOSOC site very carefully and did not find a "consultative" NGO called Watchtower (or similar) representation with ECOSOC.

However, feel free to double check.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh!!! one other thing....

The reference to either woman's rights, religion etc... does not necessarily mean they are an NGO with a "consultative status" with ECOSOC.

What it does mean? Well, these are the area of interests as an "associated" NGO with DPI that the WTS has. And the WTS (as an existing NGO "assocated" with DPI) is also telling the DPI these interests in their annual accreditation forms to DPI.

You might have noticed that their interests" changed from the 1994 Directory to the 1999-2000 Directory. Also the 1999-2000 directory has the full list of all NGOs with the different UN departments including those with "consultative status with ECOSOC". The WTS's name only comes up as an "associated NGO" with DPI.

I have never published the entire directory because it is over 500 pages long!!! What is published is what has the WTS name on it and what the crieria was etc... You can go to your nearest UN depository library for a copy of the UN DPI directories of NGOs associated with DPI etc....

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit