I've had it... I'm gonna do it.

by Darklighter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• redredrose
    redredrose

Darklighter,

Sounds like you've got off a to a good start in fading. I wish you every success in getting out and keeping your marriage intact.

There are some similarities in our situations. My husband also is disgusted with the authoritarian rules and legalese of the Witnesses, but he also believes that it is the Truth, even though he doesn't attend meetings and doesn't follow the 'rules'.

I hope that with patience he will finally see it for what it is, a lie!

I hope the same thing for you.

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome DL. Good luck keeping your mouth shut in the KH and fading out with your wife.

• Regretful_J
    Regretful_J

Hi Darklighter,

Wow I commend you for putting up with all that crap happening with you for so long. I know all too well what thats like. For a long time I've been living a lie until my cover got blown a little over a year ago. Since then my family and I hardly say a word to each other but I actually like it better this way. The reason is because I'd rather have a bad relationship with them, than have a fake good one with them. Trying to keep up the charade for so long starts to really mess you up inside and the moment your able to do away with it, its so much better. Granted the brief moment following your escape is very unpleasant but it gets better. Well I wish the best of luck to you

• yknot
    yknot
    She doesn't do DEEP study

Well with the 'Family Study' just around the corner.......it is time she is introduced to such thinking.....and it is your duty as head of the household to make sure your family is learning "accurate knowledge"......

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

Yknot... Thats what I'm planning. We still do our weekly Bible reading together (although I don't believe its the "inspired word of God" anymore, I still enjoy reading it, and it's a hell of alot more interesting than anything in the Washtowel or Asleep!). We just finished Acts, and we've got Romans and Galatians coming up. Those two books contain soooo many anti-WT scriptures it's amazing the JWs even got their petty little organization off the ground. So as we're reading and we come to one of those verses, I'm going to stop the reading and say "Wait a sec... Don't 'we' teach x, y, and z?", or "Wow! What if someone today did what Paul just did here? They'd probably be DF'd!", just to get her to realize there are other (and more sensible) interpretations of scripture than what the "Willfully Ignorant and Presumptuous Slave" spits out.

Also, I'm going to do 2 timelines showing all the scriptures that give dates around the time of Nebuchadnezzar, and tag each scripture to it's proper year. One timeline will show the accepted historical and Biblical view, and the other will show the screwed up WT view (Neb's 2nd year as "world ruler" my ass). And I'm going to leave both out for her to see, like as if I was just doing some research and left all my notes lying around. And when she asks about it I'll say, "Oh that's nothing. I was just trying to figure something out.", she's always interested in my research, and when she inquires further, I'll spell out what's wrong with 607 for her.

What do you guys think? Good start?

• mouthy
    mouthy

What do you guys think? Good start?

I would say "GO TO THE TOP OF THE CLASS!!!! Excellent work

• shamus100
    shamus100

What do I think?

I think you will never change they're minds. Even sowing seeds of doubt is just not worth it, IMO. You're going to be branded an apostate if you're not careful - just fade. Unless you want that kind of closure.

The month that you don't hand in your field service report, and they call you to ask you your hours and you say zero - that's another great time to celebrate. When the 'brother' asked me and I said zero, he looked at me like I had confessed to raping his cat. And oh, I sure miss handling the mic's too.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit